Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:58 AM

Happy Sunday Folk.

60 year old photo of me (at the back), my friend Bruno and, nearest the camera, Chuck Rowbottom who was killed in an accident on his bike.
More harvesting today I suppose. I think that next year I will hire an East European to do my harvesting.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 06:13 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Good morning everyone, a lovely sunrise here, really is the best part of the day...

With the good forecast we are going to pack a picnic and head off to Clumber Park for a good walk with the dogs, then feet up and the papers this afternoon methinks...

Great old photo Alan, 1950's ?

Have a good day folks.

Barry
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 06:18 AM

Ah, lovely old picture Alan. Bet that brings back some memories.

Enjoy your walk Barry.
Have a lovely day everybody, whatever you do!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Yes Barry, about 1955 I would guess.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Good Morning All. Nice bit of nostalgia there Alan.

Sounds like a lovely way to spend Sunday Barry. I spent many happy Sundays as a child with my parents picnicking at Clumber

Have a great day people.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 07:10 AM

Morning all. Quick visit: on iPhone and tiny screen.

Got into Bournemouth 45 mins late yesterday and more or less missed opening of air display. Fortunately not a popular aircraft. Popped into the loo, then the McD in Asda (right by the station) and wait for the open topped bus that stops by the hotel. Dropped case in and a short walk to the upper cliff. And breathe!

Arrows fabulous as always and a lovely firework display at 10pm, recorded beautifully on the new camera!

I took over 500 photos yesterday, just kept clucking away... Think most were the Arrows. They're on first today, about 12.30.

Have an enjoyable Sunday.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 08:07 AM

Good Morning everyone. There's some nostalgia Alan, brought back memories. I used to go to school on an old BSA Bantam in 1961. Was not allowed to take it onto the school grounds but used to leave it at the end of the school drive. Then the boys would all crowd round when I had to kick start it to come home! Those were the days.

Supposed to be a better day today but it is a bit clouded over at the moment. Have a good day all, God bless.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Good Morning everyone. There's some nostalgia Alan, brought back memories. I used to go to school on an old BSA Bantam in 1961. Was not allowed to take it onto the school grounds but used to leave it at the end of the school drive. Then the boys would all crowd round when I had to kick start it to come home! Those were the days.
Supposed to be a better day today but it is a bit clouded over at the moment. Have a good day all, God bless.
Good story Moyra - I bet the boys were well impressed
Good morning all
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Good morning all.

Lovely pic Alan, so you was 21 years old there, brilliant.

Beautiful sunny morning here.

Got the Mother-in-Law for dinner today, really looking forward to that!

Have a lovely day all.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:44 AM

Great picture Alan. Hubby used to be a biker in the late 50's but it didn't last for long. At the age of 17 he crashed it into the side of a lorry - broke his femur & never had another motorbike..
Nice bright morning here - more pottering in the garden for me & a pub lunch.
Have a good day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top