Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 04:55 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

Taken at Thrapston lake in Northants. I cleaned the outside of the upstairs windows yesterday at the age of nearly 80..........should I be climbing up ladders at my age ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 06:33 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Not with 'Health n Safety' as it is Alan
Morning all - hope its a good day for you .....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 06:59 AM

Good morning Alan, Pats and all to come in yet.
No is the answer Alan. Cant you get someone younger to do that
for you. Offer a bribe like a bottle of real ale or something like that
Have a nice day everyone. Going to rain most of our day here but hot
and dry tomorrow just in time for the washing. Take care all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 07:04 AM

Morning everyone, it was a blue sky earlier but is clouding over now with a wet day forecast, so for us it will be a quick walk through the forest with the dogs before visiting my sister, who is recovering after hip replacement surgery.

I think you know the answer Alan if you need to ask the question...

Have a great day peeps...

Barry
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Morning all, but not good looking and damp with it, but at least it's only supposed to be for one day.

Alan, get yourself a window cleaner, I don't think you should be climbing ladders. I had heart in mouth the other day looking at my hubby aged 73 high up on the ladders sawing off branches of a tree.

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 09:30 AM

Morning everyone
Was up bright and early this morning and it was a beautiful start to the day but as forecast it started to drizzle around 7 am.
Got a few jobs done before I came into work but at least Thursday is forecast for nice weather
Enjoy your day all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Good morning fellow members a wet day here but the rain is welcome for the garden and to settle the dust in the fields.

I am making bread and cleaning today, a slow process because I hurt my back last week and it has got progressively worse resulting in a rather strange walking style .
I have to laugh, there is always something going wrong with the aging body and having a sense of humor about it helps.
Enjoy your day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Good morning, showers forecast until afternoon but quite mild still.
Alan, like Barry said, if you need to ask the question ... ! A window cleaner makes sense.
I'm making plans for my greenhouse (in my head ) ready for winter storing of plants - I'd like to get the benches out and clean up but I just don't feel strong enough yet

Nothing worse than back problems for a gardener Meg! Try resting it, you know it makes sense, wish you better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

Nothing worse than back problems for a gardener Meg! Try resting it, you know it makes sense, wish you better.
Thanks Janela I 'did the damage' last week when out on the walk 'holding Hannah out' too pee, she is just being nappy trained .
Yesterday didn't help with more lifting of Hannah.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 12:19 PM

Morning all dry and muggy here after rainstorms throughout the night.

Feeling a bit jaded today due to lack of sleep last night, just had a cappuccino and my sparkle is returning already!

More packing to do this afternoon and hubby wants me to cut his hair ...... he has asked for it to be short-short as temperatures are in the middle 30º's in Florida during August

Meg, I sympathise with you and your back pain .... it is so easily done yet takes ages to get better. I can recommend the 'over the counter' painkiller Solpadeine Max, that is the only one that works for me other than prescription painkillers. I hope your back improves soon....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top