Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:26 PM

Hen Parties And Stag Parties. Are They Over The Top These Days?

My worst nightmare would be attending a Hen Party! I didn't have one when I got married nor have I ever attended one!
These days, they are so lavish, expensive but also some are so crass! I remember being in a restaurant and sitting behind me was a massive plastic blown up man's part!
I think I'd prefer to go out on a Stag Night!
What are your views? Did you have one? Are they over the top these days?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Re: Hen Parties And Stag Parties. Are They Over The Top These Days?

Me neither my idea of hell.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:31 PM

I'm surprised you even have to ask the question. A resounding YES, they are well over the top. The money spent could often be enough to furnish the marital home!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Without a doubt ... YES !
But...they always were !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Without a doubt ... YES !
But...they always were !
I disagree with the bit in bold. Years ago a lot of hen parties were just the girls meeting for a drink and a chat. I don't consider that over the top.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I disagree with the bit in bold. Years ago a lot of hen parties were just the girls meeting for a drink and a chat. I don't consider that over the top.
I hate to say it, orangutan but I didn't have one before I got married in 1971 as I considered them common!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:42 PM

I think "hen" and "stag" parties are just an excuse for some to be loud and obnoxious and to get on everyone elses nerves and to stagger around drunk thinking that the whole world wants to join in .
I wouldnt go to either even if I was invited,they hold no appeal for me whatsoever. But I guess theyre fun for the ones going on them. I believe Blackpool is the "hen" capital of the Uk isnt it? imo its just for "older" ladies to dress outrageously and make utter fools of themselves.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:46 PM

i went to one many years ago --dont know how i got the invite tbh ... when u have sons u have seen all u need to see ... wots different , i found it boring but i did enjoy the music and friends chat ... but not for me
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:48 PM

I hear that the best place for a stag now is Amsterdam or Prague, what happened to a few pints at the local?

Total waste of money and an excuse to behave badly imo.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

31-01-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I hate to say it, orangutan but I didn't have one before I got married in 1971 as I considered them common!
You a posh madam, then, Art?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top