Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Car Insurance

I thought my car insurance was excessive but this is a bit much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-12824940
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2011, 10:25 PM

Re: Car Insurance

that is some quote-very excessive!!

Received my car insurance renewal today - gone up nearly £9 per month! Going to see what others can offer me...problem with that is they never leave you alone once you have contacted them!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2011, 10:30 PM

I suppose my car insurance will go up next time - now that insurers are not going to be allowed to discriminate in favour of women drivers - grrrr - we do deserve lower insurance rates though - don't you think?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I suppose my car insurance will go up next time - now that insurers are not going to be allowed to discriminate in favour of women drivers - grrrr - we do deserve lower insurance rates though - don't you think?
Definitely Aerolor-after all, we are the better drivers!

Apparently only bringing in 'equal insurance' in December 2012, so we have some time left Aerolor
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Definitely Aerolor-after all, we are the better drivers!

Apparently only bringing in 'equal insurance' in December 2012, so we have some time left Aerolor
I thought it was sooner than Dec.2012 Merz - A bit of time yet then. I suppose Sheila's Wheels will re-brand theselves.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

25-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I thought it was sooner than Dec.2012 Merz - A bit of time yet then. I suppose Sheila's Wheels will re-brand theselves.
You made me think about date Aerolor, so googled it and its given 21 Dec. 2012 when it comes into effect.

Once got a quote from Sheila's Wheels-dearest quote in about 6 or 7 I got...needless to say I left them alone!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
You made me think about date Aerolor, so googled it and its given 21 Dec. 2012 when it comes into effect.

Once got a quote from Sheila's Wheels-dearest quote in about 6 or 7 I got...needless to say I left them alone!!
i've never gone with Sheila's Wheels, but my sister in law used them one year, but in the second year they turned out a lot more expensive. I've been with E-Sure for a while now and for me they seem to be competitive (but I think Sheila's Wheels is tied up with them). I might have to shop around a bit more after 2012. Mind you, by the time 2012 comes around I might not be able to afford the petrol, nevermind the insurance. I am seriously thinking of sharing a car with my son - but I'm not sure if it would work - could well end up costing me more.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2011, 08:56 AM

I understood that the equal insurance thing would only affect younger drivers, as the premiums even out anyway from middle age onwards?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Sheilas Wheels wont insure me because I drive a van
I use NFU and they're very good at my branch
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 08:14 PM

My car insurance went up by £73 this year, so I phoned to complain and was transferred to customer services , where a very nice lady said for this year only we will lower your premium by £5 and give you breakdown and recovery for free, what a result . My car came with a manufacturers breakdown/recovery service for 2 years which ran out this week so I am a Happy Bunny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top