Join for free
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 11:07 AM

Whats it all about?

Quite often I have delivery men with parcels knocking at my door and today I had one of my neighbours I think it was ,knocked at my front door ...well they knock but dont give me a chance to get to the door to open it

I have to add that im no slouch in moving and im only usually getting up from the chair in the living room and going through the kitchen to my hall to get to the front door...but even in this short space of time theyve decided apparently that "no ones home" and gone.....Im getting quite pee'd off with this kind of behaviour now...
What would you suggest? Do you have this problem too? Maybe youre speedier than I obviously am and can get to your door in time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 11:53 AM

Re: Whats it all about?

That has happened with me too. I think some of these delivery people who are paid 'per drop' find it more beneficial to say no one is in rather than to spend time waiting.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:01 PM

I have a note on my door asking them to leave nextdoor or in my back porch, that seems to work, at least I get the parcel that way, not that I order much.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Most properties here are gated with post boxes and bells, or other devices, outside the property. In our case the only time the doors are closed is if nobody is in and being higher than the road we can always see if someone is there. Apart from delivery men, who if nobody is in, just go, they never leave the parcel and very few leave a note saying they were unable to deliver, but they usually turn up again later or the next day.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 01:06 PM

It often does take me a bit of time to get to the door, but I do agree no patience at all some people. Oddly tesco always wait never disappear, same with ocado, and our normal postman. If they can why can't others ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:30 PM

I often feel like posting a notice on my door saying "please do not knock and run"
Its ridiculous ....My postman always waits till I reach the door and also some delivery men too....it must be really awful for elderly people who cant move quickly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Aysa, Please change the title of this thread as l keep singing... Cilla Black's, What's It All About, Alfie?!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2016, 04:46 PM

LOL Art ...now youve got me humming it too......grrrrrr hahahaha

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
LOL Art ...now youve got me humming it too......grrrrrr hahahaha

Ha Ha! Aysa. I loved it!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top