Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Lovely Friday

Good morning everyone

It is a lovely day here and the air felt fresh and envigorating on the walk this morning. Mother natures creatures were in fine song and her perfumes smelt lovely (apart from where the farmer had been).

We plan a walk around Crummock today calling in for lunch at some local then an afternoon of relaxing with a good book and a large brandy.

Welcome back Barry, Jemflux, it seems like you both had a great time. Nothing like a change of routine for re-charging the batteries.

Have a great day everyone and make sure that you enjoy it whatever you do.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Re: Lovely Friday

A very good morning to all and sundry forumeers on this glorious summer's morning.

We've been away for a few days so the garden looks as if it hasn't been tended for a month! I can forsee the best part of my day will be spent weeding, tidying and picking in the vegetable plot.

Have a pleasant day and hey, let's not overdo it, you know it makes sense...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 08:46 AM

Morning all , it's a beautiful day here not a cloud in the sky. Just enjoyed a lovely walk with Chloe.

Eileen I hope the move goes well and I wish you many years of happiness in your new home xx

I have the twins for lunch today (16 months old) who are part of the 'baby led' weaning scheme which for the uninitiated means no mashing up of food. Instead large pieces of food are given to the baby to chew and fling around so there will be roast lamb everywhere

Have a lovely day everyone ...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Good morning everyone - the weather here is also bright and fresh. It's the first day this week without the grandchildren and it seems pure luxury. A couple more days and I can start getting Bonnie venturing out and about a bit, which will save the garden from her re-arranging attentions.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Partly cloudy here but still a good to be alive day.. Watching tennis this afternoon.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Good morning everybody! We're headed for 26C today with bright sun and a 0% chance of rain. Now that's my kind of day. I may take a bit of a drive today just to enjoy the wonderful weather.

I had my "footsie" (pedicure) yesterday along with a fresh haircut. I got a 1/2" "Burr"/crew cut so I'm nearly bald. All is in preparation for tramping around the canyons. I've got to drop another 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks as I noticed I gained a bunch(10 pounds) since I was at my lightest. It's so easy to overdue food and so difficult to keep it off.

Have a great day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Happy greetings to all!

Another beautiful day so did a spot of weeding in the garden earlier before the sun comes round to the back this afternoon.

Really looking forward to the Wimbledon Men's semi-finals this afternoon ...... I have my seat booked and have ordered my afternoon cup of tea for 3 o'clock!!!

Hope the sun shines on you, enjoy your day!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Good afternoon all, very cloudy here today but the rain is holding off so far. I'm up to my neck in small jobs, the phone is ringing all morning, don't these people realise I'm retired?, but I find it very hard to refuse anyone and most of them have done me favours along the way.
Enjoy your Tennis Mags. Don't eat too much roast lamb Meg (And you talking about poor dead sheep).
Have a good day Folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good afternoon all, very cloudy here today but the rain is holding off so far. I'm up to my neck in small jobs, the phone is ringing all morning, don't these people realise I'm retired?, but I find it very hard to refuse anyone and most of them have done me favours along the way.
Enjoy your Tennis Mags. Don't eat too much roast lamb Meg (And you talking about poor dead sheep).
Have a good day Folks.
Jem I don't get chance to eat , I am too busy wiping food off the walls
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Our friend came earlier to pick us up for 'Fish & Chips' as we left the gates to get in her car, she was pointing frantically. I turned to where she was pointing, it was a 1m snake on the track just past our gates. I went to check (with big stick) if it was dead. Then our Spanish neighbor opposite said it had been climbing his jasmine and one of his dogs got it and had killed it. So he just threw it onto the track, dick head.
Just got back and it's gone, so one of the 'lane' dogs has probably ate it..............

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top