Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 03:41 AM

Actor on the Stage of Life

What makes a movie award winning and famous has a lot to do with the story, but the story would be nothing without a good actor or actress. When this perfection is well combined, the movie has a tendency to take on a life of its own. The movie then becomes remembered by a specific quote within the movie itself. For example..

When Don Corleone in the movie, The Godfather wanted to strike a deal, the remembered quote was.. " I'm gonna make them an offer they can't refuse. "

In the classical Sci-Fi move, The Day The Earth Stood Still. The Alien left us all a mysterious quote to decipher.. " Gort, Klaatu, borrada, nikto. "

And last but not least, the drama that unfolded, in the movie Gone With the Wind. When Clark Gable said.. " Frankly, my dear, I do not give a damn ! "

So the question we should ask ourselves is, how do these movie quotes translate to life itself ? Obviously, one way or another, we all wish to leave our mark in life. If we are good at it and play our role well, what life quote will we be remembered by ? Knowing full well that we will never be given an Academy Award for our role in this stage that we call life.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:37 AM

Re: Actor on the Stage of Life

No Oscar needed - just to be fondly remembered by those we leave behind.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:02 AM

Given the recent thread on whether there's an afterlife, "I'll be back" would be a good one.

For me I hope "God loves a trier" is fitting, whatever I've done in life, whether it was successful or not, right or wrong(decisions I made) at least I gave it my all, 100%.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:11 AM

I think Life is a one way journey, so this quote from "Falling Down" has always stuck.

Bill Foster:
I've passed the point of no return. Do you know what that is, Beth? That's the point in a journey where it's more difficult to go back to the beginning. It's like when those astronauts got in trouble. I don't know, somebody messed up, and they had to get them back to Earth. But they had passed the point of no return. They were on the other side of the moon and were out of contact for like hours. Everybody waited to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can would pop out the other side. Well, that's me. I'm on the other side of the moon now and everybody is going to have to wait until I pop out.

BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:43 AM

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more.
Macbeth (Will Shakespeare)
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
No Oscar needed - just to be fondly remembered by those we leave behind.
I would toast to your good life and say.. "Alan, a man who saw life his way and shared it with all his friends through his camara... Happy Tuesday, folks ! "
eyes_of_a_painter
n

26-01-2016, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Given the recent thread on whether there's an afterlife, "I'll be back" would be a good one.

For me I hope "God loves a trier" is fitting, whatever I've done in life, whether it was successful or not, right or wrong(decisions I made) at least I gave it my all, 100%.
I would toast to your life and say.. " Here's to Terry, a man who lived the fast life, a wannabe motorcycle gang* member and a John Trovolta look-a-like in the movie, Grease.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

26-01-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think Life is a one way journey, so this quote from "Falling Down" has always stuck.

Bill Foster:
I've passed the point of no return. Do you know what that is, Beth? That's the point in a journey where it's more difficult to go back to the beginning. It's like when those astronauts got in trouble. I don't know, somebody messed up, and they had to get them back to Earth. But they had passed the point of no return. They were on the other side of the moon and were out of contact for like hours. Everybody waited to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can would pop out the other side. Well, that's me. I'm on the other side of the moon now and everybody is going to have to wait until I pop out.

I would toast to your life and say.. Here's to Lapetromaine, a man who lived his life beyond space itself. Paid a trip one day to the dark side of the moon and came back to tell about it by reminding us of astronaut Armstrong's words.. " Here is one step for man and one giant leap for mankind "
eyes_of_a_painter
n

26-01-2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more.
Macbeth (Will Shakespeare)
I would toast to your life and say... Here's to Brian, a man who gave it his all and to the society around him, thus for his volunteer service to the Red Cross. A lover of books who carried a Shakespeare book always under his arms. Best time for him was reading a good book under the sun. His main complaint was that the weather pretty much sucked most of the time, so that sun idea pretty much went down the toilet.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I would toast to your life and say.. " Here's to Terry, a man who lived the fast life, a wannabe motorcycle gang* member and a John Trovolta look-a-like in the movie, Grease.
Hahaha that's really funny. You have a wonderful, dry sense of humour.

More like a John Candy look-a-like.
Planes, Trains and Motorbikes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top