Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:25 PM

Are You Shallow? Because I think, I Definitely Am!

I went on a date last night and he was a really nice man until....he mentioned he was Vegetarian bordering on Vegan!
That was was it, I lost all interest! I had visions of the guilt I would feel as I bolted back a lovely medium sirloin steak, eating Beef and Yorkshire pudding and crunching on Pork crackling in front of him as he munched on his nut roast!
He kept mentioning that he hated the thought of killing lovely furry animals.
Are you shallow? Is there something that would put you off somebody... like an ex prisoner, a vegetarian/ vegan, a whacky religion? Something else?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:29 PM

Re: Are You Shallow? Because I think, I Definitely Am!

I don"t that is shallow at all, just sensible to think on .
Was he a dish though, if so you could always convert him to your way of thinking.IE Meat.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:30 PM

I don't think this is necessarily shallow, I would have the same reaction and I do not consider it shallow because it would mean that eating (most of us do it 3 times a day) is such a fundamental thing - and having huge differences in one's attitude towards what to consume would be a big issue for me with a new man.
Other things that would put me off would be extremism in any area - religion, politics etc. or the lack of a sense of humour.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:33 PM

definitely a Vegan or a whacky religion and most of all if he mad a noise while eating or ate with his mouth open .sorry your date didnt work out for you art .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t that is shallow at all, just sensible to think on .
Was he a dish though, if so you could always convert him to your way of thinking.IE Meat.
Apricot, He wasn't too bad looking! A retired Accountant, very intelligent, younger than me!
I think it is because I love cooking and eating meat. It is also the guilt I would feel for eating meat which I love! I think he has been a Vegetarian for too long to change!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
definitely a Vegan or a whacky religion and most of all if he mad a noise while eating or ate with his mouth open .sorry your date didnt work out for you art .
Tina, The date was really enjoyable. It was the bombshell of the vegetarianism that put me off!!
I saw my life flash before my eyes!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:41 PM

Funny enough Artangel I never eat meat, not because I want to save the pigs or cows, I was never very fond of meat anyway and I just went off it completely several years ago, on the other hand the wife would eat a raw horses's ass through a hedge.
The thing that really puts me off another person is meanness, stinginess, people who part with a few bob like it's drops of their own blood. That's not to be confused with folks who manage their money well and others who haven't got any to part with.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Ah well you win some and you lose some.
Next time will be better, his loss.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I don't think this is necessarily shallow, I would have the same reaction and I do not consider it shallow because it would mean that eating (most of us do it 3 times a day) is such a fundamental thing - and having huge differences in one's attitude towards what to consume would be a big issue for me with a new man.
Other things that would put me off would be extremism in any area - religion, politics etc. or the lack of a sense of humour.
Thank You for that! Indigo. It made me realise the change people would have to endure when their eating preferences were so different. The hassle of cooking different foods, the guilt even of going against the other's beliefs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Funny enough Artangel I never eat meat, not because I want to save the pigs or cows, I was never very fond of meat anyway and I just went off it completely several years ago, on the other hand the wife would eat a raw horses's ass through a hedge.
The thing that really puts me off another person is meanness, stinginess, people who part with a few bob like it's drops of their own blood. That's not to be confused with folks who manage their money well and others who haven't got any to part with.
Yes, Jem. Unnecessary meanness! So tight, it is sickening. Liars, are another!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top