Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Nero's on TV just now

That's the emperor Nero, . . Quo Vadis is on TCM at the moment.

Nero's had a lot of bad press over the fire he's supposed to have started but according to some histerical writers he did his utmost to put the flames out, . . his building program later on transformed Rome, . . there's always a little good in some folks aint there.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Re: Nero's on TV just now

Here's Smeagsey watching it.

Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 06:09 PM

Very educated dogs you have there NeroMy girls only watch Crufts...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Maybe Smeagsey is thinking whens Nero coming on, they keep talking about him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2009, 03:47 PM

They showed it again today Denis, I watched bits of it (Having seen it at least twice in past years)

I mainly watched to see Peter Ustinov in a role that most people acknowledge was his greatest, he certainly is captivating in that film.
nero
Central Scotland

17-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
They showed it again today Denis, I watched bits of it (Having seen it at least twice in past years)

I mainly watched to see Peter Ustinov in a role that most people acknowledge was his greatest, he certainly is captivating in that film.
Looking at the sets Harvey it must've cost a fortune to produce.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Looking at the sets Harvey it must've cost a fortune to produce.
Maybe not as much as you might think - I once worked for a firm who rented a small office building on the Elstree lot (It was in the 1980's and the studios were loosing money and needed to rent out some unused buildings)

During my luch break I used to wonder around and look at some of the sets, a new Sherlock Holmes film was in production, all the street scenes were filmed in front of giant plywood buildings, just the frontages of course, they could knock up a Victorian London street in about a day and when painted it looked quite realistic.

At the far back of the studios was the 'lake' that was used in making 'The African Queen' about 3 foot deep, remember the scene with Bogart dragging the boat through the water??? it had lots of green algy and a good few old Coke cans floating around but no aligators !!!!

I believe the Elstree studios have gone and it's a 'Techno Park' or something now

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top