Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:35 PM

Stop spying on people!

Have you ever overheard a conversation you weren’t supposed to? What was it about?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:39 PM

Re: Stop spying on people!

I'm sure all the overheard conversations were meant to be overheard. Do you think I fell for that old tick? Pah.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm sure all the overheard conversations were meant to be overheard. Do you think I fell for that old tick? Pah.
There may be some truth to your comment
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 10:11 PM

I overheard a conversation on a train. Woman on a mobile phone loudly saying "No, its got to go up, UP, I'm telling you!! Tell them to add another thousand then we can start talking" She looked around herself in a "lookit me, I'm smug and special" kind of way. I stared at her, about to say something - and her phone went off ringing like anything! The whole thing was made up!! She stumbled about trying to stop the phone and looking quite embarrassed. Serves her right.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Have you ever overheard a conversation you weren’t supposed to? What was it about?
Yes, a long long time ago when fresh into a newly promoted job at work. I overheard a conversation between supervisor and manager relating to a friend in the department I used to work in. The outcome of this overheard conversation nearly lost me my job and the friendship I had with my friend due to the action my friend took based upon the overheard conversation.

Once bitten, twice shy the saying goes. I've never done the same again, regardless of what I've overheard.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

03-03-2021, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I overheard a conversation on a train. Woman on a mobile phone loudly saying "No, its got to go up, UP, I'm telling you!! Tell them to add another thousand then we can start talking" She looked around herself in a "lookit me, I'm smug and special" kind of way. I stared at her, about to say something - and her phone went off ringing like anything! The whole thing was made up!! She stumbled about trying to stop the phone and looking quite embarrassed. Serves her right.
Reminds me of an Episode of Miranda
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

03-03-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Yes, a long long time ago when fresh into a newly promoted job at work. I overheard a conversation between supervisor and manager relating to a friend in the department I used to work in. The outcome of this overheard conversation nearly lost me my job and the friendship I had with my friend due to the action my friend took based upon the overheard conversation.

Once bitten, twice shy the saying goes. I've never done the same again, regardless of what I've overheard.
Office politics! I try to keep out of it!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 10:40 AM

In my neck of the woods.

Chav land.....I heard a short conversation in Lidl, waiting at the check out...

I was able to buy a nice beef joint....with the money he paid me for my services.....😂🤣😅
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 11:10 AM

I hate hearing peoples loud conversations .
Blooming mobile phones on trains is a major bear bug .
I just want to scream at them to shut up .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 11:37 AM

I've heard loads of private conversations but I'm not telling anyone the things I've heard.... My lips are sealed...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top