Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:13 AM

Living next door.

To a neighbour ,who owned chicken and a “ Cockerel “.

How would you cope ,when the cockerel ,starts it’s early morning call?

Saying ,it went on for months!....how you would address the situation?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:22 AM

Re: Living next door.

Wouldn't worry me at all - I love the sounds of nature.

If it were before 5:00am - I would be asleep and not hear it.
If it were after 5:00am - I would be up and about - so it wouldn't matter.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wouldn't worry me at all - I love the sounds of nature.

If it were before 5:00am - I would be asleep and not hear it.
If it were after 5:00am - I would be up and about - so it wouldn't matter.
Thanks,ST.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Personally it doesn't worry us in the least. Next door is a small farm and they have a few chickens that scratch around. Not sure how I'd feel if we lived on a housing estate though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:36 AM

I haven’t heard a chicken or cockerel for years. Living in a big city, the only chickens I see are in the butchers shops

My Dad used to keep chickens when we were younger but then we lived on the outskirts of the town and there were more open spaces in those days.

I would love to hear the sound of chickens or cockerels though ..... a lot better than the screeching seagulls we hear now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:39 AM

To be honest If i thought someone had a cockerel and i was looking to buy next door i wouldn't buy .

I think if people have lived there for a long while with nrighbours and bought a cockerel i would not be happy at all .

It's because sadly i do live on a housing estate and i'd never get away from the crowing
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-01-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I haven’t heard a chicken or cockerel for years. Living in a big city, the only chickens I see are in the butchers shops

My Dad used to keep chickens when we were younger but then we lived on the outskirts of the town and there were more open spaces in those days.

I would love to hear the sound of chickens or cockerels though ..... a lot better than the screetching seagulls we hear now.

That took me back,Mags, about them seagulls, when I lived in Lossiemouth, they would perch on the roof, what a racket, far worse than a cockerel crowing,imo,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-01-2021, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;2028282]Personally it doesn't worry us in the least. Next door is a small farm and they have a few chickens that scratch around. Not sure how I'd feel if we lived on a housing estate though.[/QUOTE

It’s surprising how you get used to your environment,isn’t it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-01-2021, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
To be honest If i thought someone had a cockerel and i was looking to buy next door i wouldn't buy .

I think if people have lived there for a long while with nrighbours and bought a cockerel i would not be happy at all .

It's because sadly i do live on a housing estate and i'd never get away from the crowing
Understand that,Susan,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:09 PM

Wouldn't bother me either, before the vast housing estate was built here we had a hunt kennels & a farm behind our house, now we have a school & two play grounds, I know what I'd prefer to hear.

We get Gulls on our roof too, next door put food down & they eat it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top