Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 04:16 PM

It's started!

I was just at the supermarket and a lady was telling me that last night somebody stole a womans shopping!
Apparently she'd come out of the store and had a single carrier bag in the trolley and was making her way back to the car. As she unlocked the car and a man ran over, snatched the bag and ran away!
How bad is it getting when people are stooping to that level, we truly have reached rock bottom.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 04:24 PM

Re: It's started!

Wish I had been there. I've not punched anyone's lights out for months.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Wish I had been there. I've not punched anyone's lights out for months.
What, everyone's?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 04:28 PM

The situation hasn't deterred the in store thieves either.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I'd have kicked his arse, tbh I think I'd have run him over took my shopping back and left him lying there the scumbag.
on the subject of shoplifters though, I wonder if they're now nicking it to eat rather than flog it on?
My mate works at the local Tesco as a guard, he said there were loads queuing up outside yesterday morning. TBH it's getting silly now, people are going in today and buying the maximum allowed then going back tomorrow and buying the same, people are seriously going to go short at this rate. the idiots seem to have worked out that fresh stuff isn't going to last and are now buying anything in tins, jars and packets, it's getting to be a bit worrying.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 05:41 PM

Thieves are also offering to do shopping then stealing the money from housebound people.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
I was just at the supermarket and a lady was telling me that last night somebody stole a womans shopping!
Apparently she'd come out of the store and had a single carrier bag in the trolley and was making her way back to the car. As she unlocked the car and a man ran over, snatched the bag and ran away!
How bad is it getting when people are stooping to that level, we truly have reached rock bottom.
Unfortunately, as the food supply diminishes, it is going to get far, far worse. The local police simply do not have the manpower to combat lawbreaking on a massive scale. The obvious answer is to call up the military to institute martial law.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 06:42 PM

I have also had 2 days of automated scammer phone calls no doubt trying to cash in on more people being at home, how low can you get
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 06:59 PM

You'd have to old, like me, to remember the "Spivs", during WW2.

These were smart guys who could got their hands on anything, and would stand on street corners with everything you needed.

No shortage of buyers because people would be delighted to get their hands on some food, booze,or clothes, etc., which they weren't going to get any other way.

What goes around comes around!

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 07:29 PM

I predict that the coronavirus emergency bill that is planned for next week will have provisions for implementing martial law. Even when the virus spreads even more far and wide and more people are infected. The majority will just suffer a very bad flu but there will also be a huge majority who are not ill but will be affected by any lockdown in place and it will be these people that will cause the trouble because in their mind it will be they are all right and as such they can still go out and about and not understand that the purpose of a lockdown is to prevent the virus from finding new hosts.

All you need to do is look back on the years when the UK had long hot summers and a drought emergency was in place and the government asking the public to be sensible and not to wash their cars or water the garden or take long showers or baths because in doing so it meant the water last longer but what happened, many of the public ignored the advice and carried on just as they were.

It is a sad fact of life that there are many people who just do not care or give a damn about anyone else but themselves and thus their actions affecting the majority.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top