Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:23 AM

The Media and The Alarmists Will Not Be Happy.

Scientists close to developing coronavirus vaccine after tests on mice

A vaccine for the Covid-19 illness caused by the coronavirus is on the verge of being developed, a team of scientists has said.

Researchers, led by Mucosal Infection and Immunity head Dr Robin Shattock, told the Daily Express they have successfully trialled the vaccine in mice and are hopeful it could be ready for human trials by June.

Senior researcher Dr Paul McKay, of Imperial College London, told the paper: “I’ve got results from a month after I injected (the mice) and the vaccine works really, really well.”

So just hang on till June folks the calvary is on its way..
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Re: The Media and The Alarmists Will Not Be Happy.

I didn't think animals got the virus so any thing tested on them in this quick time is it going to be alright with no side effect's? I'm at risk apparently what with having asthma,will I get a vaccination,nope.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:31 AM

The one huge drawback to this vaccine is, anyone that has it will grow a long thin tale and become allergic to cheese.
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I didn't think animals got the virus so any thing tested on them in this quick time is it going to be alright with no side effect's? I'm at risk apparently what with having asthma,will I get a vaccination,nope.
It’s apparently a zoonotic disease which means it can be transmitted from animals to humans
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The one huge drawback to this vaccine is, anyone that has it will grow a long thin tale and become allergic to cheese.
I find that a more terrifying thought than any virus!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I find that a more terrifying thought than any virus!
Me too! I love cheese!
I thought the virus started in animals?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too! I love cheese!
I thought the virus started in animals?
So many different theory's Tess.

My theory is it started in pigs.
It was not that long ago China had a pig virus that meant they had to slaughter millions of them(pigs that is).
One has to wonder how they got rid of the dead meat.
Was it burned even in the remote villages and towns or was it buried.
In which case you have to ask did it go into the water from underground streams.
Like I said so many different theorys and that is mine.

Plus I am also against any landfill;
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
..... and talk with a squeaky voice
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 01:08 PM

controlled trials usually take a few months. Perhaps they will find a way to shorten the usual, but then you do have to manufacture and distribute. So its not likely anything will be available en masse until sometime in the autumn.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 01:12 PM

So did the mice have any tissues to blow into?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top