Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Trolls exposed

'Don't Dish it Out if You can't Take It'.

DM has named women who have been sending disturbing messages about Duchess of Sussex.

All appear to be respectable so what's their problem.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:05 PM

Re: Trolls exposed

Don't understand Cinders?

Who's sending messages and where to, and about what, and why?

Have you a link please?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:11 PM

Think it's this Mups

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Sussex.html
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
'Don't Dish it Out if You can't Take It'.

DM has named women who have been sending disturbing messages about Duchess of Sussex.

All appear to be respectable so what's their problem.
It's quite sad really. I would imagine they are so lacking in self-confidence and self-esteem that the only way they can feel empowered or have any self-worth is to denigrate others, especially others who can't respond to the hate.

It's also very easy in an anonymous situation, because there is no comeback, so I'm pleased that these trolls have been named and shamed.

It's cyber-bullying, and like all bullies, they feel inadequate in their lives, so take it out on someone relatively helpless.

Some of it might be out and out jealousy.....of people better off than them, more goodlooking than them, more talented than them, or more appealing than them.

They may also have real problems in their own lives, not that that's an excuse, but it can help to understand their motives.
Perhaps they are in a situation where they are constantly belittled or put down, and this is how they deal with that.

Very sad, really.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:34 PM

Are they jealous, bored, thought they would not have been traced and could write such defamatory remarks.

One is a legal assistant, another an author, which is surprising.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:25 PM

I read that article today. The ‘Trolls’ aren’t so brave now, are they?

Yet, some of the comments re. the article say, they have a right to free speech and that Meghan Markle put herself in the public eye and should expect comments like that.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Yet, some of the comments re. the article say, they have a right to free speech and that Meghan Markle put herself in the public eye and should expect comments like that.
I don't think that just because you are in the public eye you should expect to be vilified for no reason, free speech or no free speech. Plus, anyone vilifying someone needs to be careful that they aren't committing libel.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I don't think that just because you are in the public eye you should expect to be vilified for no reason, free speech or no free speech. Plus, anyone vilifying someone needs to be careful that they aren't committing libel.
That is another comment that was made, saying they should be done for Libel.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:50 PM

Not nice at all, in fact quite ugly . They should be ashamed .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

AFAIK, in any "democratic" country, "free speech" does not include the right to slander and libel in order to defame another person.

As you say, those women aren't so brave now that they've been exposed - I would hope that any such cowardly "trolls" from the UK would be arrested, charged, tried and sentenced under the full weight of the law .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top