Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Presents & Japanese Car Syndrome?

Way back, in the day, a new car owner would preach the amazing value of his new "Japanese Car". It always had every known device fitted - and then some.

Owners of locally built Ford Pops & Vauxhalls had no chance against these new superstar vehicles.

In today's environment the Japanese Car has been, mainly, replaced by all of these German super stars - along with their ridiculously high prices and service charges (and their pollution capability).

Trouble is, everybody seems to have a German one (down here in Berkshire) and it has become the "Common" car.

The "Japanese Car Syndrome" seems not to have died out, though, as I have noted the bragging which accompanies all the Christmas presents coming into the house.

They are all, "the best of the best!" and superior to what anyone else bought.

The fact that some of these presents were spotted in Oxfam, last week, is another story.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: Presents & Japanese Car Syndrome?

Hi

Materialism rules.

Ebay and Facebook are full of unwanted presents at the moment, some real bargains to be had.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 03:57 PM

Lot's of French cars round here and Japanese ones too , I guess it depends what your local garages sell. But each time I see something improved or better than ever etc I always say so the last advert where they told us this was the best was a lie was it !
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 05:34 PM

It used to be that German cars were seen as the pinnacle of quality and reliability, not so now, remember the advert.. “ if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen “ , well vw, and a lot of German cars have dropped somewhat in the quality and reliability stakes, and there are owners with a lot of problems, don’t get me wrong, German cars are, for the most part, very well built and can be reliable, but many people are buying into an image, as with Land Rover, lots of reported problems with some of their cars, jaguar the same, even good old reliable Nissan aren’t as reliable as they once were, now they are owned by Renault, of course it depends on how they are driven and looked after..
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Materialism rules.

Ebay and Facebook are full of unwanted presents at the moment, some real bargains to be had.
And some are dogs.........
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:02 AM

I have a Japanese Car, a Suzuki 4x4. And yes it's full of gadgets that I don't use.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:10 AM

I have a Japanese car .
It does all sorts of things that I never use or rather don't know how to use.
In fact I have not yet mastered the radio .
And we have had the car five years
The Manual is a weighty tome ( but thank goodness it has a manual )
However I wish it wasn't Japanese cruel whale killing b*****ds.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 05:39 AM

I think it is more likely to be an 'Asian' car as a smaller proportion are actually made in Japan. My 'Japanese' Isuzu was made in Thailand but Korea builds nearly as many as Japan including a Renault model. Malaysia manufactures Protons, Perodua, Hondas and Volvos.

Most people here avoid European cars because of high prices, poor service and parts. Toyota is the biggest selling brand here by a mile.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top