Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 09:07 AM

My goodness it's Monday

Morning all , here we are again back to Monday , it seems to come around so quickly .

It is grey and miserable here this morning and quite cool, still not much rain though so on with the watering .

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 09:39 AM

Re: My goodness it's Monday

Morning Meg et al.

Mopped and shopped already and enjoying my coffee before I prepare lunch.
Walkies with Oscar after lunch and then relax with a book methinks...

Enjoy your day all,

Barry
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Morning soggy friends

It's been tippling it down here since Saturday night and all the plants are looking bushy and weighted with water.

The garden needs it ... I've had enough of it by now .. so i'm praying for the sun to come back

Menawhile...... I have my feet up with a cuppa.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Oh where did the weekend go.
I was looking forward to sitting in the garden, eating my meals out there in the bright sunshine and being at peace, what did we get instead tipping it down with rain all weekend, and now back at work.
Oh well soon be weekend again so fingers crossed.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Good morning all. I had a nice visit with friends for dinner last night. It seems everyone is heading out on vacation this week. My best friend, Warren, & his dad, Richard, are heading out on their motorcycles for a grand ride to Yellowstone National Park. That's another item on my "Bucket List" for a visit.

It's Monday already and I leave on my trip Wednesday. All is ready as I tie up loose ends. I'm renewing my apartment lease today as well as paying this month's rent that would have come due while I'm out of state. I was so pleased to hear that they're keeping my rent the same on this new yearly lease. On a fixed income it's never good to get an increase in bills.

It's supposed to get to 81F, 27C and be dry today. That might make it seem a bit more like Summer. It's been raining for the past two days and quite chilly. It will be quite a shock to get into temperatures over 100F, 37C this coming week while on vacation.

Congratulations to Darren Clarke of Northern Ireland for his win at the British Open this weekend. Conditions there were rough, to put it mildly. Have a great day all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Good morning all, looks like most of us had a washed up weekend, it's weather like this prepares you for Winter...But in July!. I've got the sniffles, hope I'm not coming down with something.
Bob, have the holiday of a lifetime.
Take good care of yourselves Folks and don't let the weather get you down.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Good afternoon my friends, I'm late today, had Missy at the vets for a check up after having 2 teeth out last Monday. I have no car now so I'm glad to be sitting. A 9lb odd, cat gets heavier the further it's carried..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Yet another cold, wet, windy, miserable day here as well. It hasn't stopped raining since Saturday. I'm dressed in winter clothing and will be putting on my boots in five minutes and drive myself to work.

Roll on the weekend again when hopefully we'll get a bit of sunshine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all, looks like most of us had a washed up weekend, it's weather like this prepares you for Winter...But in July!. I've got the sniffles, hope I'm not coming down with something.
Bob, have the holiday of a lifetime.
Take good care of yourselves Folks and don't let the weather get you down.
Jem it actually feels like Autumn here his morning the dry weather has turned some leaves brown and the wind is blowing them off the trees. We need a lot more rain here . Have a hot toddy for the sniffles .
Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Good afternoon my friends, I'm late today, had Missy at the vets for a check up after having 2 teeth out last Monday. I have no car now so I'm glad to be sitting. A 9lb odd, cat gets heavier the further it's carried..
Enjoy your day everyone.
Iris I hope Missy's mouth has healed ok , it must be difficult having to carry a cat any distance.
Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Yet another cold, wet, windy, miserable day here as well. It hasn't stopped raining since Saturday. I'm dressed in winter clothing and will be putting on my boots in five minutes and drive myself to work.

Roll on the weekend again when hopefully we'll get a bit of sunshine.
Mollie it sounds worse where you are, at least if the weather is bad you won't be missing out stuck at work . How many days do you work , I hope you have a good week.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Afternoon all, typical British summer weather here too, rain, cool and miserable ...... what a shame for those on holiday in this country Hopefully it will warm up before we go to Devon in just over two weeks.

Went into town this morning, had a bit of business to attend to then popped into M & S for a coffee.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top