Join for free
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:02 AM

An audience with

I was at a relative's 90th birthday party yesterday
There were many people there. Some I hadn't seen for20 years or maybe longer
After we had eaten I kept on being summoned..
"Rhian, Auntie *** wants you to go and see her"
"Rhian if you don't mind, cousin **** wants to have a chat with you"
"Oh Rhian, Mr **** says, can you go and speak to him... You remember him don't you?"

It made me chuckle thinking about it afterwards. Ok Auntie*** has got bad knees..but the others could quite easily have walked over to me for a chat!
At what age do you think that people can be bold enough to start summoning people over to entertain them?!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Re: An audience with

Right now, Rhian !
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Are you saying you do it Tabs or...
Was that an order?!!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Are you saying you do it Tabs or...
Was that an order?!!!!
LOL! As if !!

Occasionally at family gatherings I have asked someone to come and talk to me - especially if I have had a bout of the creaky knees. My Grandma was the best - she held court!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Some years ago I stopped all that walking around at party's thanks to my dear departed sister in law. Every time I turned up at a function I was given a plate of food and drinks and a table and family and friends all came to me and sat down we talked they moved on and some one else filled the seats. It actually became a standing joke.But she was a lovely lass and her heart was in the right place, now my bro in law as taken over from her.

So Rhian my advice is to find yourself a table sit down and let the world come to you girl.
It makes life so much easier I can tell you.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:29 PM

I was at a Birthday Party too yesterday Rhian,,, my daughters birthday. Isn't it amazing how folks congregate in the kitchen at parties? I tend to mix and mingle this sounds terrible but I know the ones to avoid
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-09-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Some years ago I stopped all that walking around at party's thanks to my dear departed sister in law. Every time I turned up at a function I was given a plate of food and drinks and a table and family and friends all came to me and sat down we talked they moved on and some one else filled the seats. It actually became a standing joke.But she was a lovely lass and her heart was in the right place, now my bro in law as taken over from her.

So Rhian my advice is to find yourself a table sit down and let the world come to you girl.
It makes life so much easier I can tell you.
I'll give it a try Longfellow
But I don't hold out much hope going on yesterday's experience!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was at a Birthday Party too yesterday Rhian,,, my daughters birthday. Isn't it amazing how folks congregate in the kitchen at parties? I tend to mix and mingle this sounds terrible but I know the ones to avoid
Ah yes "those to avoid"! They have a habit of cornering people when they least expect it don't they!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top