Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:16 PM

You Know When You’re Invited To Dinner And It’s Something You Don’t Like....

What do you do?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Re: You Know When You’re Invited To Dinner And It’s Something You Don’t Like....

It's never happened because I'm the fussy Vegetarian/Pescatarian that people have to double check things with!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: You Know When You’re Invited To Dinner And It’s Something You Don’t Like....

Inform host(ess) days beforehand and explain why to give him/her an opportunity to either change menu or cater for you individually.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Inform host(ess) days beforehand and explain why to give him/her an opportunity to either change menu or cater for you individually.
UJ, I am too polite to do that, as they have probably gone to a lot of trouble.

If l had been asked beforehand, l would have said something.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:26 PM

So what did you do Art?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's never happened because I'm the fussy Vegetarian/Pescatarian that people have to double check things with!
Rhian, l have been told by the person l am going with, that it’s a fish dish. That’s all l know!

I like Cod, Haddock, Salmon, Sardines and Mackerel but l don’t like Tuna, l have never tried Sea Bass or any that l would class as current, popular types of fish.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2018, 06:33 PM

So what did you do Art?
Rhian, I haven’t been yet! It’s tomorrow night!

That’s why l am asking for advice!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

10-05-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Rhian, l have been told by the person l am going with, that it’s a fish dish. That’s all l know!

I like Cod, Haddock, Salmon, Sardines and Mackerel but l don’t like Tuna, l have never tried Sea Bass or any that l would class as current, popular types of fish.
White fishes are pretty similar really so you'll by fine
Do you like prawns and other seafood?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2018, 06:39 PM

White fishes are pretty similar really so you'll by fine
Do you like prawns and other seafood?
Yes, l like prawns but l bet it will be Tuna or Monkfish or Sea Bass or Flounder or some other fish that l wouldn’t like to eat!!

If it is, l wonder if it’s something l can swallow down without chewing, or discreetly drop into a pocket!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:40 PM

I have hosted many dinner parties for different friends and have always asked if there is anything they dislike or can't eat. I see it as a social occasion and would be horrified if I presented somebody with a meal they could not enjoy.

I once had a vegetarian, as one of the party, so I found a really nice recipe for her, which she loved. It is always difficult if you prepare something different for one person, because everybody wants to know what it tastes like. For this reason I always make an extra portion....just in case the others want to try it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top