Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:08 PM

I got everything done by 12

Got to the hospital early for my 9:30 appointment, I took a taxi as the weather is still rotten although the snow is melting.

First heart test was done quickly and professionally as was the ECG. Then I had to make my way to a different building for the bone marrow. Two lovely nurses who couldn't have been kinder explained the procedure to me - it didn't take long, either. They even gave me a cup of tea and biscuits afterwards.

I thought about walking home, but it would have been a bit tough going for me as I didn't sleep well last night. So I went to Waitrose (hardly ever shop there as it is out of the way and expensive). But I bought a couple of salads and some soup, rolls, pasta and coffee. Then I managed to hail a taxi home.

When I got home it was still 11:50. Normally, days spent at the hospital linger into late afternoon so I was pleasantly surprised; I intend to put my feet up as tomorrow will be a longer day, starting with a new course of chemo.

I wish all days could go as smoothly as today.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:17 PM

Re: I got everything done by 12

That is good Dreamy.
Now you can relax a bit until tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:29 PM

It's just that I worry about not sleeping the night before - in fact, I usually don't sleep properly, getting maybe 4 hours maximum.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:27 PM

Ffosse, good luck with the chemo. My neighbor is undergoing treatment also but unlike you she says she sleeps just to stop thinking about it by being awake. Never pleasant.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Got to the hospital early for my 9:30 appointment, I took a taxi as the weather is still rotten although the snow is melting.

First heart test was done quickly and professionally as was the ECG. Then I had to make my way to a different building for the bone marrow. Two lovely nurses who couldn't have been kinder explained the procedure to me - it didn't take long, either. They even gave me a cup of tea and biscuits afterwards.

I thought about walking home, but it would have been a bit tough going for me as I didn't sleep well last night. So I went to Waitrose (hardly ever shop there as it is out of the way and expensive). But I bought a couple of salads and some soup, rolls, pasta and coffee. Then I managed to hail a taxi home.

When I got home it was still 11:50. Normally, days spent at the hospital linger into late afternoon so I was pleasantly surprised; I intend to put my feet up as tomorrow will be a longer day, starting with a new course of chemo.

I wish all days could go as smoothly as today.
Pleased to read the good aspects of your day and that you didn’t walk home .
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's just that I worry about not sleeping the night before - in fact, I usually don't sleep properly, getting maybe 4 hours maximum.
The chemo helps me sleep Ffosse, I often take a nap in the afternoon and still go to bed around 10 pm and often sleep beyond 8 am.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top