Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:19 PM

How do you charge your devices?

Are you a tad anal like me and go looking for a power outlet/pad when your phone/device is less than 70% or do you wait much longer?

Recently - perhaps due to my current situation - I've let my toothbrush, 2 sets of headphones, a phone all crash down to zero - warbling out to me that they need a charge.

Do you have a proper system?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:28 PM

Re: How do you charge your devices?

I'm quite methodical. My iPad is charged every morning while I am using the Mac computer. My electric toothbrush is charged every morning after I have brushed my teeth and am getting dressed then the doing household chores. My phone and two cameras aren't charged daily as I don't use them daily but nothing ever goes down to zero.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:32 PM

No I'm very ill-prepared!
My devices have to flash or send me messages before I realise they need charging.
It can be very annoying when out and about and go to use my phone...only to find the battery has died, again!

I have an in-car charger now which can be helpful in times of need!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:36 PM

I wait until they stick two fingers up at me and flash angry red lights. It's one of the few things that make me use profanities, particularly with the built in obsolescence manufacturers force on us so they can extend their product life cycle.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:44 PM

My iPad seems to run and run - after 10 days in hospital and away from it, upon returning I found that it still had 68% battery left.

Now my toothbrush - well that only needs charged every two weeks or so. My Apple Watch (if I'm wearing and using it) will last 2 days.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:46 PM

Timely reminder, my IPad is down to 8% thanks....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-02-2018, 10:48 PM

You'll now be able to juice it up for tomorrow.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:49 PM

My toothbrush is on charge permanently, plugged into the shaving socket in the bathroom. My mini iPad is charged every night and my MacBook when it runs out. My mobility scooter when it registers half empty. I have nothing else needing to be charged.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:51 PM

Things are no longer exponential.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:00 PM

I've got an extension lead that has four plugs and five USB sockets one of which is a fast charge socket. I charge up as I need mostly and have set my smartphone up to conserve power. I was told its better to charge up when battery has run down to low charge warning as I've been told this is the best way to preserve battery life rather than short top ups.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top