Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:31 AM

Neat and tidy..a messy slob

There used to be a program on TV called "The Odd Couple".....I loved it.

If some don't know, or can't remember it..or maybe you didn't have it in UK...it is about two men who shared an apt/flat together. One was extremely neat and tidy....everything had to be perfect.

The other guy was a messy slob.....all his empty beer cans and pizze boxes all around him (something like Hyacinth's brother in law)

So, tell us folks, are you neat and tidy...and what extreme do you go to, to make sure everything is perfect and in it's place?

Or are you a messy slob and leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight, and the dirty clothes hamper overflowing with last month's laundry?

I am a neat freak. I want everything in order and I do work my butt off to make sure that happens. I have the neatest drawers and closets in the world...

Come on, spit it out.....tell us, which are you and how did you get that way....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:47 AM

Re: Neat and tidy..a messy slob

I like the house to look tidy - but have a lot of hobbies - most of which are untidy making - so it is an on going battle here. Monday is my formal 'housework' day - clean the place right through then, if it does become untidy again - I do, at least, know it is clean. Obviously places like the bathroom/lavatory receive more attention and the kitchen - well, anything that touches my food has to be beyond reproach!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Bit of both, but, when I do tidy up, it's a fundamental tidy up, no piece of furniture is left unmoved.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Whilst I like our home to be reasonably tidy, I am not obsessive about it. However, I do make sure the food preparation area is clean and hygienic, and the loos are clean. I use a lot of bleach.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:05 AM

I'm neat and tidy, so is my Husband we have always been like it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:11 AM

I'm naturally not at all tidy and no one else here is too, consequently I have to go against the grain and be as tidy as I can, make the effort or we'd drown in mess.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:16 AM

I remember the film of the Odd Couple starring Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon but never saw the tv series.

Luckily both myself and my wife are generally tidy and our home is quite minimal with very little clutter, so no falling out on that score..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:29 AM

I can't function in chaos, I like my house tidy and to look nice. Fresh flowers and sparkle that's me but what is also me for example like yesterday when the kids were here and we made pancakes the kitchen was like a war zone. Flour squirty cream strawberries maple syrup tiny finger prints on every surface toys out everywhere and noise and mayhem

I love people to mess the place up kick off their shoes and treat the place as home I just make it all sparkle again when they leave
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:33 AM

I am a clean freak when it comes to the kitchen and bathroom, but as long as the rest of the home looks tidy during the week, I'm happy enough.

The one thing I can't stand is any mess on the surface in the kitchen. For example, at the weekend, HWMO loves either a sausage or bacon sarnie for his breakfast, so I will do his sarnie and mug of tea, then make my own hot sandwich. But once my sarnie is on the plate ready to eat, I always fill the sink with lovely hot sudsy water, ready to wash the breakfast dishes, placed the utensils in there to soak whilst we are eating, then put a little bit of sudsy water in the grill pan ready for washing, followed by the wiping down of all the surface where I have made it messy making the hot sadwiches, In fact, I usually end up with an almost cold sandwich by the time I sit down to eat it, but I cannot bear the thought of an untidy kitchen and could never relax to sit down and eat my sarnie knowing I had left a mess!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:35 AM

I see my house as a home, not a palace! It is important to me that everyone feels relaxed and don’t have to worry if they drop a crumb, or don’t take their shoes off when they enter.

That doesn’t stop me having a mad panic when someone other than my family, says they will call in to see me!
I go round like a headless chicken blitzing the place!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top