Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Overwhelming hatred.

These days I am finding that I can take a dislike to a person for some reason but it starts to develops into hatred really easily, and I mean real pure hatred.
During my life I've always been quiet, a little shy, known for being very placid even, but I'm finding nowadays I'm getting really angry very quickly

I don't know what is causing this. Is it because I'm getting older and becoming a grumpy old man, or is something wrong with me personally. Is it my physical health problems or my mental health, as some on here may remember me talking about the problems I've had.
I admit I am feeling totally frustrated about how things are in the world and I'm struggling with being powerless to do anything about it and thats bothering me. I admit I'm lonely sometimes and isolated but at the moment I am not able do anything about that.

I don't just hate these people but loathe them with a burning passion. I've just had a look at some programs available on iPlayer seen someone who I really despise and had to quickly move the page so I cannot see his stupid face, as looking at it longer will only get me even more annoyed. This person I seen him many times before but now it feels as if I've hated him all my life.
Mostly these people haven't done anything to me personally apart from existing in the world and being who and what they are.

I'm not at the stage of shouting and swearing at strangers in the street yet and unless I'm losing my marbles entirely have no intention of saying how I feel directly to anyone as I've never done that in my life.
Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me.

Also should the list of people I want to kill be kept in date order or alphabetically 😀
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Re: Overwhelming hatred.

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
These days I am finding that I can take a dislike to a person for some reason but it starts to develops into hatred really easily, and I mean real pure hatred.
During my life I've always been quiet, a little shy, known for being very placid even, but I'm finding nowadays I'm getting really angry very quickly

I don't know what is causing this. Is it because I'm getting older and becoming a grumpy old man, or is something wrong with me personally. Is it my physical health problems or my mental health, as some on here may remember me talking about the problems I've had.
I admit I am feeling totally frustrated about how things are in the world and I'm struggling with being powerless to do anything about it and thats bothering me. I admit I'm lonely sometimes and isolated but at the moment I am not able do anything about that.

I don't just hate these people but loathe them with a burning passion. I've just had a look at some programs available on iPlayer seen someone who I really despise and had to quickly move the page so I cannot see his stupid face, as looking at it longer will only get me even more annoyed. This person I seen him many times before but now it feels as if I've hated him all my life.
Mostly these people haven't done anything to me personally apart from existing in the world and being who and what they are.

I'm not at the stage of shouting and swearing at strangers in the street yet and unless I'm losing my marbles entirely have no intention of saying how I feel directly to anyone as I've never done that in my life.
Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me.

Also should the list of people I want to kill be kept in date order or alphabetically 😀
You need help, and the sooner the better, before you do someone harm.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:56 AM

I don't think I've ever actually hated anyone on my life, I'd worry if I felt like that about normal everyday situations.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:01 PM

I am no expert but I suspect this hatred is caused by an underlying feeling, so I would speak to your doctor.
It could be an anxiety problem, resentment of the people or maybe just the fact that you are lonely... but it is better to get some help before it becomes any worse.
Being lonely is worse than any illness, because you have nobody to talk things through with. If that is the problem I hope this forum can help in some way.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Hatred is a strong word. Intense Dislike sounds a little better.

No matter what you call it, not an emotion that helps your own well being.

Have you talked to your doctor, maybe anti depressants or another course of action? Sounds as if you need more help than we can offer here.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:24 PM

I dont hate people, there are many I dislike, despise even, but think hatred is too strong a word. If there is someone, something I truly dislike, then I just avoid them/it totally.

Hatred is very destructive, as evidenced in today's world. I am a Brexit Remainer, but I certainly have no hatred for those with opposing views.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:30 PM

A very worrying post .
Is it brave or foolish to admit those kind of feelings ?
I think brave but should be spoken about to your doctor ASAP.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 01:02 PM

Could be down to age or medication. But if it's recent then could also be an indication of physical changes in the brain. So you should get checked out just in case. Or it may be that you have been under a great deal of stress and not giving enough kindness to yourself. It's important to not direct such feelings inwards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 01:06 PM

Well done for posting MC, it's not easy to do that. I wonder if something or things happened in you past to leave you feeling like this. You say you were always a quiet person, shy in fact, so you probably never expressed your feelings at the time which makes you angry now. If only you could go back in time and say what you should have said or punch who you should have punched.

Am I getting close?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well done for posting MC, it's not easy to do that. I wonder if something or things happened in you past to leave you feeling like this. You say you were always a quiet person, shy in fact, so you probably never expressed your feelings at the time which makes you angry now. If only you could go back in time and say what you should have said or punch who you should have punched.

Am I getting close?
Not a sensible suggestion!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top