Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 12:42 AM

Permission to contact

I had an email from my favourite garden centre tonight asking for my written permission to carry on sending me news.

When I read on, it said that from 25th May this year, a new law will say companies will no longer be allowed to bombard us with emails unless they have our permission to do so.

So to still keep in touch with customers and let us know what they are up to and what's new, they have now got to write to every single customer and get their written permission to continue in future.

Interesting that we will soon have to opt in for receiving contact, instead of having to opt out for a change.

I found this if anyone wants to know more:

http://www.expertiseontap.co.uk/new-...ail-marketers/
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:07 AM

Re: Permission to contact

Buying goods on-line does make life easier in many ways, But the bombardment from these suppliers is time consuming.

As well as at least four Emails when ordering goods, you happily give feedback if goods are good value etc.

Now we also have to write a Review of minimum words.

What on earth can one say re; Envelopes?

if you do not write a review they constantly send Emails and will also phone as well even after you have already thanked them.

I got a call today and agreed to write a review.

Quite a surprise to see it was thirteen pages long..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:23 AM

Strange. Normally you can simply unsubscribe if you no longer wish to see their ads.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Strange. Normally you can simply unsubscribe if you no longer wish to see their ads.
Daily I delete at least 10 unopened Emails and unsubscribe as well

They usually return soon after as many Stores have different names and different departments too
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 09:49 AM

I get annoyed with those sort of e-mails and unsubscribe.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:10 AM

I use an alternative mail address when ordering things (not my usual email). I also then mark incoming emails to that account as Trash, so they are diverted straight to the Trash file, plus I Unsubscribe any that slip through. I rarely write reviews on any products.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:11 AM

You are right, Floyd. But the way I understood it is, they are not going to be able to even send them to us in the first place anymore, not without our permission.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:12 AM

I would be careful 'unsubscribing' unless it is a company you know well .

Spammer send out random emails with links in which you can 'unsubscribe' and if you do it will confirm the email is live and the address can be harvested and sold on. If the company is outside the uk, as with cold calls on the telephone they are out of the range of the UK laws. Unsubscribing to some places can mean you are deluged with spam.

I sometimes buy somthing from a company as a 'one off ' but having done so have been automatically added to their mailing list. I add any emails from then to the blocked list .
Most email providers have a facility that allow you to block unwanted emails so that any subsequent email automatically go into the bin
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:23 AM

I have unsubscribed to Emails from photo bucket about 5 or 6 times.
They keep coming. Do they think that one day I might buy something from them after being harassed for so long?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-02-2018, 07:49 AM

To day i have received the following 10 unsolicited Emails
in Microsoft Outlook.
I do have security

Waste Management
A 2 B Technology
Love Swans
Barclay Card
Logitec
Bitcoin
Daily Deals
Lidl
Sainsbury
Your Funeral covers

This is a regular occurrence even when unsubsribed

All now in Junk unopened

This does not happen in Apple Mac Laptop.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top