Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Would Like to Swap......

Am prepared to swap one of my favourite Christmas Gifts It is a Silk Scarf. I am looking to swap it for an old looking pale green egg-shaped ornament, probably sitting on your mantlepiece or looking out from a glass fronted display cabinet. I promise to give it a good home.

The scarf is a beautiful cream, brown and green design in the shape of a Pashmina style. I really love it, but if you possess this tatty old light green domed egg, would really love to have it.

Of course, I won't disclose that it is in fact the fabled Necessaire Faberge egg -from Imperial Russia and believed to be in the UK. It has been missing since the Russian Revolution in 1917. Those pretty stones you admire in it such as white, red and blue are in fact diamonds, rubies and sapphires and worth approx- Priceless!! The Queen has three, there are still five missing, but I want this one!

So, as much as I adore my beautiful scarf, if there is anyone out there that owns an ornament that is egg-shaped, pale green with pretty stones and you have no use for it, but would love a brand new, expensive silk Pashmina Scarf, please contact me on the following telephone number.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:45 PM

Re: Would Like to Swap......

Lol I like your style

No green egg shapes here I do have a purple one but I don't think that's worth much more than the £1 I paid for it twenty odd years ago
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 01:00 PM

Now Julie, don't write it off immediately!! Scrape it to see if it is pale green underneath just to be on the safe side.
If it is, I would be happy to swap it with you. I will get it back to it's former glory and....as one of my New Year resolutions I plan to follow is to be ultra kinder to all others, I will even pay for the egg to be sent to me by private courier. Please don't be concerned about the cost. I can afford it easily and it would be my pleasure to help you. I will arrange for the scarf to be despatched in the same way.
After all, a little kindness goes a long way I always say!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 01:03 PM

Lol it's a bit knocked about and been dropped by vain us kids I think I might have noticed and green poking through. But I appreciate your kind offer. I could paint it green if that helps I've even got some chrystal tear drops I could paste onto it. Might have to wait for it to dry before posting it or it would stick to the envelope.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Err, I think I will give that one a miss thank you Julie. I did have high hopes for a poster that assured me she had a pale green egg but when I asked her to kindly send a phone photo of the egg (to see if it was the same green that I was looking for to match my decor, (ahem) it turned out to be an Easter Egg in green Foil that she had left over.

Never mind, I am of the glass half full, not half empty, and ever optimistic that pretty little egg that I seek is out there somewhere, gathering dust or unloved as an ornament. Who wouldn't want to swap such an insignificant ornament for a beautiful, brand new silk Pashmina scarf.

Waiting to hear from anyone?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 01:33 PM

I have a chicken's egg that's out of date.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-12-2017, 01:33 PM

Oh well I tried, the thought was what counted wasn't it now where to put a half green half purple egg suggestions not needed I can see that getting a bit too dirty for a Saturday afternoon
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 01:34 PM

I have one that I made myself. I went through a phase of copying them one Easter. They are made of clay, but one is indeed green.
It is decorated with Swarovski crystals if that helps.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have a chicken's egg that's out of date.
Which came first though?

OR

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-12-2017, 02:47 PM

Sweetiepie - bless, if you made it yourself, I'm afraid it's not the one I am seeking.

Nom - I have half a dozen myself!! hate waste but he who must obey has been preferring either a Sausage Bap or Bacon Bap for his breakfast over the festive season so the eggs have gotten older and older. Guess the bin is the only place for them.

Love your clear pic of the green egg, unfortunately, too dark green and no sparkly bits showing. Keep looking please.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top