Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:32 PM

Super-ager

Super-ager, are you one, if you are, are you a willing one, or an unwilling one?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:37 PM

Re: Super-ager

You must be joking. Generation X are not super agers. We are ancient by 50! Baby boomers seem to do ok. But it's really whoever came before baby boomers that have come out best.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:38 PM

Apparently not ... I had to google it. .. still not sure what it means.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You must be joking. Generation X are not super agers. We are ancient by 50! Baby boomers seem to do ok. But it's really whoever came before baby boomers that have come out best.
Yes, and they are gone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Nope they are still alive surely. I have a feeling they will outlive me!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 05:13 AM

I haven't heard the term before, I just looked it up. We all age at different rates and I do think being old is a state of mind. I don't think I'm a super ager though in the way the OP means. I'm not preoccupied with how I age I'm just happy to wake up in the morning's
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 08:00 AM

Not one of the greatest punk bands. Didn't mind some of Billy Idol's solo stuff though!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:35 PM

My husbands Uncle Frank was a real Super-ager.

Fit as a fiddle and still driving a car at the age of 93.

He had a wife 20 years younger than himself & I think she kept him on his toes.

He used to take her shopping every week and his sister too. He was in the local Male Voice choir and led an active social life.

The last time we saw Uncle Frank was in Tesco's car park and as we stood having a chat he told us he was having a new car. He had one too - brand new but unfortunately he passed away when he was 94.

He had a good innings and enjoyed life to the end.

Way to go eh?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 03:47 PM

My second cousin Winnie was a super-ager. She died at 99, we'd hoped she'd make the 100 but it wasn't to be. Right until near the end she carried on, living life to the full, on her own & looking after herself. She was on various committees in the village she lived in too. She was a very independent lady.
Then she had a stroke & never regained consciousness, which was probably a mercy as she would not have been able to do anything for herself had she survived. Her daughter flew here from her home in Canada & was with her at the end.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 04:37 PM

still trying to work out what this thread is about - but going to resort to a tin of super tennents as its strong - maybe I will get a flash of light of what this is about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top