Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:44 PM

Noise issues

...I'm lucky I don't have any (well one, as I'll get to) as I can't abide noise; I think I'm acutely sensitive to it.

I live above a convenience store which is handy when I need milk or some other item I forgot in Tesco. I'm so used to their opening early that I can sleep past it without its disturbing me.

Lately, though, they have a malfunctioning freezer which emits a loud humming noise at night - all night. It's been driving me crazy. The shop owner has reassured me that it's either going to be fixed or he'll get a new one. My bedroom is right above the shop and even with earplugs in I can still hear (more like feel) the hum.

Apart from that I'm fortunate in where I live - it's at a crossroads and near a couple of schools but just the one shop and not noisy enough to bother me normally.

Is it quiet enough for you where you live?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:53 PM

Re: Noise issues

We get noise from the speedway stadium occasionally.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:55 PM

Yes, despite living in a semi-detached bungalow, at night it is wonderfully silent. I do like silence, that is why I never have the radio on during the day. I listen in bed from 11-1 am and in the morning from 7-8.15 every day, but that is all. I hear the neighbour's TV in the evenings, but that is off by 10.30.

Silence is golden.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 05:51 PM

I quite like the sound of silence. Other times though I like to have music from the radio.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:05 PM

It's very quiet where we live. No night noise whatsoever. We live away from any major roads so no traffic noise. And most importantly no neighbour noise either.

A very friendly close, apart from the odd one or two. But you can't have it all.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:29 PM

Cows can be noisy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
It's very quiet where we live. No night noise whatsoever. We live away from any major roads so no traffic noise. And most importantly no neighbour noise either.

A very friendly close, apart from the odd one or two. But you can't have it all.
No owls at night either, Mesco?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:39 PM

So quiet here it is painful to listen to if that makes sense
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 07:01 PM

It's quiet here, a mile or so away from the sea on the Lincs coast. Walk a hundred yards and that changes, but here is quiet. Apart from our local owl(s). Oh, and the foxes. And the magpies. Seagulls too. Next door's dogs. Fighting cats.

Maybe it's not really that quiet.

FWIW my son's like me Dreamy in the he too cannot abide the ticking of clocks; he made us take the battery out of the clock on the spare room because he could hear it in his bedroom.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Zaphod, my daughter is the same, when she comes here I have to remove the battery from the clock too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top