Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:27 PM

customers/ clients rudeness at work

Now when I worked for BT I tried my best to give good service to customer, BUT some were downright rude at their place of work

When I worked for BT I had to do work in the RAC golf club back of Epsom downs. Never been there before so i walked into the main entrance hall and no one about. Looking through a framed glass door I saw a waiter/barman in a monkey suit in this room. So i went in and up to him to ask who I should see about the work required.
This toffee nosed pratt said " Get out this is a members only bar" in a very angry voice. Never bothered to ask who I was.
Not wanting to cause trouble I said "Sorry but I was going to ask who I should see about work required. But as you told me to go would you please tell the club manager that the BT engineer turned up to carry out work required and you ordered him to go away"

So I walked out and left. No jumped up snob is going to talk to me like that . Some people think they are far above the only miserly station of work they can get.

I did have a favourite put down to lower/middle management when I went into office buildings.

Typically these people didn't like their office staff being interrupted even they had been told us BT engineers were there to carry out work

My put down which really showed them up went something like this.
Me " sorry to cause any problems, obviously you don't want **** work carried out on your floor . "

them "You will have to come back in the evening or some other time"

ME " Fine I will try and arrange that with your managering director/ chairman" . If you would just come with me as I don't know where his office is and tell him that you want him to pay extra for us to come back on an overtime basis which will cost a lot more "

It is amazing how quickly they back down, even more so when the staff hear the conversation.

If going to do work for a company ie install equipment of any sort, one would expect some form of cooperation where the work is to be carried out. Unfortunately some managers of middle ranking think they can talk to us like we are their skivvies .
We always had the right to refuse to do the work if abused or obstructed in any way
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:49 PM

Re: customers/ clients rudeness at work

As a cleaner I've seen best and worse of office staff over the years, some just so rude it takes your breath away some so lovely they make me smile just thinking about them. Oddly the nicest are usually the cleanest too they respect the cleaner and the office too much to treat them badly, whereas the dirty boggers don't care about either.

One chap used to just shoo me away if I walked into the open plan area he worked on for weeks I came back later after he left, then one day he whistled to get my attention and just waved me away, I had enough told him I wasn't a dog to be whistled at and handed him the tea tray I was collected cups on and said after he'd done that he could find the other equipment in the cupboard turned tail and walked out. I got as far as my car before he caught up with me and begged me to go back in, I'd chosen right day to walk out they were expecting ceo from America and a royal personage to visit the following day, he didn't want to explain why the place wasn't clean
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Now when I worked for BT I tried my best to give good service to customer, BUT some were downright rude at their place of work

When I worked for BT I had to do work in the RAC golf club back of Epsom downs. Never been there before so i walked into the main entrance hall and no one about. Looking through a framed glass door I saw a waiter/barman in a monkey suit in this room. So i went in and up to him to ask who I should see about the work required.
This toffee nosed pratt said " Get out this is a members only bar" in a very angry voice. Never bothered to ask who I was.
Not wanting to cause trouble I said "Sorry but I was going to ask who I should see about work required. But as you told me to go would you please tell the club manager that the BT engineer turned up to carry out work required and you ordered him to go away"

So I walked out and left. No jumped up snob is going to talk to me like that . Some people think they are far above the only miserly station of work they can get.

I did have a favourite put down to lower/middle management when I went into office buildings.

Typically these people didn't like their office staff being interrupted even they had been told us BT engineers were there to carry out work

My put down which really showed them up went something like this.
Me " sorry to cause any problems, obviously you don't want **** work carried out on your floor . "

them "You will have to come back in the evening or some other time"

ME " Fine I will try and arrange that with your managering director/ chairman" . If you would just come with me as I don't know where his office is and tell him that you want him to pay extra for us to come back on an overtime basis which will cost a lot more "

It is amazing how quickly they back down, even more so when the staff hear the conversation.

If going to do work for a company ie install equipment of any sort, one would expect some form of cooperation where the work is to be carried out. Unfortunately some managers of middle ranking think they can talk to us like we are their skivvies .
We always had the right to refuse to do the work if abused or obstructed in any way
Would you donate an Organ too such folks, in the interests of Humanity?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:59 PM

That sounds typical Julie, why do they think they are better than anyone else?
Naked they all look the same, well more or less they do.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-10-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Would you donate an Organ too such folks, in the interests of Humanity?
What has humanity or organ donation to do with the subject???? maybe should be under a new heading
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 10:22 PM

Today when I went for blood tests I remarked to the phlebotomist about how busy they were. Her response was "Well we will be when people like you keep coming".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 10:29 PM

There are many people, with many prejudices out there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-10-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There are many people, with many prejudices out there.
With all due respect I really think you need to start a new thread on the subject you wish to discuss.
It is one that could prove interesting and really too big to go on this one
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As a cleaner I've seen best and worse of office staff over the years, some just so rude it takes your breath away some so lovely they make me smile just thinking about them. Oddly the nicest are usually the cleanest too they respect the cleaner and the office too much to treat them badly, whereas the dirty boggers don't care about either.

One chap used to just shoo me away if I walked into the open plan area he worked on for weeks I came back later after he left, then one day he whistled to get my attention and just waved me away, I had enough told him I wasn't a dog to be whistled at and handed him the tea tray I was collected cups on and said after he'd done that he could find the other equipment in the cupboard turned tail and walked out. I got as far as my car before he caught up with me and begged me to go back in, I'd chosen right day to walk out they were expecting ceo from America and a royal personage to visit the following day, he didn't want to explain why the place wasn't clean
You do get 'em don't you
I remember one chap used to huff and puff whenever I was around his desk and one day he said to me ... My wife manages to clean quietly.
So I tiptoed away...quiet as a mouse.
Didn't bother me. It was easy money and a good contract, rather overpriced to be honest.

Best laugh I had was when I walked in on a chap using the urinal ... our eyes met across the tiled splashback .. we both went a little red and I said .. It's alright, I didn't see anything.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 10:33 AM

I do try to clean quietly if their are staff about but my job these days is fun so my raucous laugh can often be heard

In the it room that's hidden from view they always say they know when I arrive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top