Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 09:26 PM

The things people lose!

Just seen on a local FB group for my town that somebody's mate had lost a bag with about 50 (work) keys inside!

It just got me wondering...how on earth do people manage it, to lose possessions the way they do? They leave valuables on public transport, like laptops, mobile. Or a bag of shopping. I get off a train or bus and do a head count...'bag, bag, coat, fleece...'

Another post has someone saying they've found an iPhone on the road, though luckily the owner may have been traced (which is one excellent thing about this local group!).

I can understand the posts where a child has lost a scooter, or a favourite toy, because even I left a scooter outside a shop as a child, went back for it and it had gone. But adults being so careless?

Do you lose stuff, outside of the home? Have you?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Re: The things people lose!

I lost my best reading glasses when I left them on a table in a pub. When I went back the next day they weren't there.

I've left numerous umbrella's on buses.

I lost my mobile phone once but luckily it was found in the car park of our leisure centre.

The worst was when I lost my house & car keys. I thought there was no hope of getting them back and then one day came a knock on the door. 'Have you lost your keys' a woman asked me. She'd found them down the lane at the side of our house and knocked on all the doors. My door was the last she tried. Phew talk about lucky.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 11:06 PM

Oh dear Carol, you seem to be unlucky!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:20 AM

A serial loser of phones.

I regularly lose my car keys in and out of my house.

Only a couple of weeks back I lost them and couldn't get my van off the drive as the car was parked behind it.....I was vehicleless for 2 days until I found them hiding on my desk.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:32 AM

Once, a pair of new walking boots .....

Luckily, I wasn't in them or I wouldn't be here to tell the tale .....

I must have changed out of them, after a walk, into a pair of driving shoes, leaving them at the side of the car then driving off without them .....

Weirdly, I don't remember when, where or why I didn't notice their absence when I arrived home ( I always clean my walking boots ASAP) - maybe I was just too tired that day .....

It was only weeks later that I couldn't find them .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 05:38 AM

Just go to (formerly) British Rail's lost property office in Waterloo - you'll be amazed at what people have left on trains and at stations, including prosthetic limbs, a skeleton on a stand, thousands of briefcases and umbrellas etc, etc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:22 AM

Left my car once forgot I'd driven to the shops and walked back, it was only later when my husband asked where it was I remembered.

Left my bag of washing from work 28 tea towels and cloths, luckily they turned up next day I'd put them down as I signed out at work and security guard put them behind the desk for me.

Knitting needle size 11 never have found that was knitting one evening went to bed got up next day and it was missing.

Purse I put it down to try on a pair of boots in a charity shop, decided not to buy them and left the shop, when I realised in the post office and dashed back it was over course gone.

But my sister beats me hands down she forgot her baby tasha, took her to the shops and left her in a car seat carrier behind the crisps aisle. When she got home I went mad at her. Luckily the shop keeper had been lovely and kept her giggling so she didn't realise anything had happened.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:59 AM

I once left my new born Son outside a shop, went home with shopping, opened the front door, something missing. Slammed front door left groceries on floor, rushed back to shops. He was still fast asleep in his pram. I was very lucky anyone could have taken him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:02 PM

It's so scary isn't it, I hasten to add I went mad at my sister because she didn't care and was more interested in getting in to ring her boyfriend about the evening out they had planned. Not because like you she had a touch of baby brain.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:19 PM

I lost one of my false eyelashes down the sink! I was in hospital having my first baby and decided to wash them and one escaped!
Earlier, I had, had them on whilst in labour and took them off and handed them to the nurse to hold!

Another time, l lost one but found it on the Poodle l had at that time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top