Join for free
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 02:38 PM

would you stay in hotel homeless ?

welcome to hotel homeless 22.10.17

welcome to my duo
this is to the world not just highgate residency
being sarcastic will be uno
i ban homeless from pond square residency.
not down is this soldier
plenty of ammunition from this troop
down highgate hill is the rolling boulder
its going to strike this hotel group.
you are self interest
this is why i will hound
the problem is where you should invest
your lack of empathy clearly is the sound.
forget the desperation
business is not christian
a bit like rubbish that waits for deportation
its both a unsightly vision.
london is starting to smell
no one can have any objections
pointing at theresa should be every hotel
2 birds one stone increase and dump in bin collections.

( woke up this sunday morning and 2 story's from local rag got me thinking ? one was about the hotel where guests complain about seeing the homeless and the second being how rubbish is pilling up. then i had a moment of madness and i thought why don't the government increase the bin collections so we have a clean city we are all proud of and accidentally chuck the homeless in the bins why doing this ? it could save millions. the question is - am i a poet or a extremist ? and never again will a hotel guest ever have to see such revolting things such as homeless again. )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Re: would you stay in hotel homeless ?

I was in a charity shop Friday. It is not a used clothes shop, it runs a lot of events for local elderly people e.g. transport to hospital appointments, informative meetings, advice, and some holistic treatments etc.

Anyway, when I was leaving they gave me a bag of food - tins of soup, beans, fruit, pasta and so on.
I didn't really need the food, kind though it was, so on my way home I went along to the homeless sanctuary not far away and gave it all to them.

Then yesterday, I was looking for an envelope with a receipt in it and realised I had left it in the food parcel, so back I goes to see if they had found the envelope by any chance.

The black lady sitting in a sort of concrete 'smoking shelter' out the front, was sitting on a plastic chair wrapped in a blanket from the cold wind. She was in exactly the same position I had seen her the day before.
But what shocked me even me even more, was the man laying on the floor at her feet.

He had his head on a dirty old bit of cushion, and an even grubbier blanket pulled over him to try and keep warm in those gales yesterday.

As I approached, his eyes opened, but he didn't lift his head. He looked briefly at me, then closed his eyes again, pulling the blanket up round his neck as he lay on the concrete floor.

I found it quite disturbing, and wanted to talk to him, but he looked like he had just 'switched off,' from life, so I left him be, but it bothered me all the way home.

I found myself wondering about how people end up like that. What happens in their life to allow that to happen. I wondered if they have given up hope, or do they prey something better will come their way?

All sorts of thoughts like that bothered me. I wanted to help and didn't know where to start. I even felt a little tearful at what a mess life can be for some.

I daresay they were all normal children once, same as us, so what goes so badly wrong, what starts them on the slippery slope, and is that their fate till they die?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:21 PM

That's so sad mups, I think here we are seeing more homeless on the streets than I've ever before witnessed. The shelters seem unable to cope and the homeless are getting younger and older than I've seen before too. One lady of well over 60 in a wheel chair wanders round town she's been banned from the railway station and multi storey carpark because she has attempted suicide in both places. How can a disabled person in a rich country be left in that position ?

We've given money and food to several regulars, the younger ones we try to persuade to ring their parents but some are more scared of going home than staying on the street.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:59 PM

This is a very sad thread.
I see more and more homeless people all over, in our country and abroad.
The council in my county pipes loud music to deter them from resting in a certain area.
Why are they homeless? Many reasons as I have asked them. MH problems for many.

On a lighter note, I will tell you a story about my Uncle who has serious MH problems along with Dementia.
We took him to London to visit HMS Belfast last year.
He is VERY hard work and requires constant supervision. However, we do our best to improve his life, whilst we can.
He spotted some sleeping bags and stuff in various doorways and kept pointing at them. I was at the ATM for a minute drawing some cash.
I didn't notice that he had stolen a sleeping bag and was dragging it along behind him. I was holding his other hand guiding him along through the crowded street. We had gone some distance down the street to meet my hubby. He pointed out saying what had happened. I had no idea where Uncle took it from, so I just had to convince my Uncle to let go of it and left it by the side of the street.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:01 PM

I was homeless for 10 years ' til I got my act together.

It wasn't nice, drinking loads, travelling up and down the UK, staying in hostels then sleeping rough if I got thrown out of the hostel. I avoided any serious trouble with the Police though, just a few breaches of the peace.

Hard to believe I am now a self-employed home-owner and a normal member of society.

I still have dreams of that time; not really nightmares but jumbled visions and thoughts of where I was going to sleep or get my next drink from.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Sorry you went through that, we had a year living in a car, we stayed around this area because we both worked. But yes I still dream about it too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was in a charity shop Friday. It is not a used clothes shop, it runs a lot of events for local elderly people e.g. transport to hospital appointments, informative meetings, advice, and some holistic treatments etc.

Anyway, when I was leaving they gave me a bag of food - tins of soup, beans, fruit, pasta and so on.
I didn't really need the food, kind though it was, so on my way home I went along to the homeless sanctuary not far away and gave it all to them.

Then yesterday, I was looking for an envelope with a receipt in it and realised I had left it in the food parcel, so back I goes to see if they had found the envelope by any chance.

The black lady sitting in a sort of concrete 'smoking shelter' out the front, was sitting on a plastic chair wrapped in a blanket from the cold wind. She was in exactly the same position I had seen her the day before.
But what shocked me even me even more, was the man laying on the floor at her feet.

He had his head on a dirty old bit of cushion, and an even grubbier blanket pulled over him to try and keep warm in those gales yesterday.

As I approached, his eyes opened, but he didn't lift his head. He looked briefly at me, then closed his eyes again, pulling the blanket up round his neck as he lay on the concrete floor.

I found it quite disturbing, and wanted to talk to him, but he looked like he had just 'switched off,' from life, so I left him be, but it bothered me all the way home.

I found myself wondering about how people end up like that. What happens in their life to allow that to happen. I wondered if they have given up hope, or do they prey something better will come their way?

All sorts of thoughts like that bothered me. I wanted to help and didn't know where to start. I even felt a little tearful at what a mess life can be for some.

I daresay they were all normal children once, same as us, so what goes so badly wrong, what starts them on the slippery slope, and is that their fate till they die?

How very sad Mups .
I wonder too everyone was a little baby once ,innocent and hopeful of life .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
[/B]

How very sad Mups .
I wonder too everyone was a little baby once ,innocent and hopeful of life .

Yes, that's just how I felt too, Muddy.
I bet they both couldn't half have told an interesting story.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-10-2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I was homeless for 10 years ' til I got my act together.

It wasn't nice, drinking loads, travelling up and down the UK, staying in hostels then sleeping rough if I got thrown out of the hostel. I avoided any serious trouble with the Police though, just a few breaches of the peace.

Hard to believe I am now a self-employed home-owner and a normal member of society.

I still have dreams of that time; not really nightmares but jumbled visions and thoughts of where I was going to sleep or get my next drink from.

That's brave admitting that Fosse.
Really well done you for getting yourself back on your feet.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top