Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Clothes maketh the man they say...

So why is it you can dress two people in exactly the same outfit, one will wear it with style, but the other looks naff.

Some can wear 'scruff' and look brilliant, whilst the other just looks a scruff.

Which are you?

I've become the naff scruff no matter what I wear. I'm sure I could wear a million pound frock and still look scruffy
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Re: Clothes maketh the man they say...

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
So why is it you can dress two people in exactly the same outfit, one will wear it with style, but the other looks naff.

Some can wear 'scruff' and look brilliant, whilst the other just looks a scruff.

Which are you?

I've become the naff scruff no matter what I wear. I'm sure I could wear a million pound frock and still look scruffy
I can't believe your last sentence Pesta

It depends on deportment and confidence.

I do know some male millionaires that were old clothes and still look rich.
Probably in the knowledge that they could afford to buy the most expensive clothes.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:51 PM

Hi

My Barrister lady, one of the Cheshire Set, decided I needed a new wardrobe.

She took me out and paid for it.

King Street and Harvey Nicks in Manchester.

I still looked like me.

The first time she introduced me to her Set was at the Lowry in Manchester.

They thought I was one of the staff
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I can't believe your last sentence Pesta

It depends on deportment and confidence.

I do know some male millionaires that were old clothes and still look rich.
Probably in the knowledge that they could afford to buy the most expensive clothes.
Yes I thought about deportment also hairstyles and such, and for females - make up etc could make all the difference.

Re your last bit about the millionaires and old clothes still looking 'rich'.... that's what I was getting at. Dress a rich person in scruffs and they still 'look the part'. But, turn it around and dress a less well off person in the same clothes and it just doesn't look right
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:02 PM

I'm a scruff.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes I thought about deportment also hairstyles and such, and for females - make up etc could make all the difference.

Re your last bit about the millionaires and old clothes still looking 'rich'.... that's what I was getting at. Dress a rich person in scruffs and they still 'look the part'. But, turn it around and dress a less well off person in the same clothes and it just doesn't look right
Hi

I have a perverse sense of humour.

When I was first introduced at the Lowry, it was to Alex Ferguson, the then manager of Man Utd.

He asked what I did, and I told him.

I then said, you look vaguely familiar, sorry I do not recall your name or your job.

He was greatly amused by this, a genuinely lovely man.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:12 PM

I always read it that well polished shoes mark a Gentleman, and with a Lady, it's her Hair.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

09-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My Barrister lady, one of the Cheshire Set, decided I needed a new wardrobe.

She took me out and paid for it.

King Street and Harvey Nicks in Manchester.

I still looked like me.

The first time she introduced me to her Set was at the Lowry in Manchester.

They thought I was one of the staff
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

09-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I always read it that well polished shoes mark a Gentleman, and with a Lady, it's her Hair.
Yes, it was always polished shoes wasn't it.. do people still polish their shoes now I wonder?

As regards the ladies and the hair.... that's probably one of the things that make me look scruffy
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

09-10-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a perverse sense of humour.

When I was first introduced at the Lowry, it was to Alex Ferguson, the then manager of Man Utd.

He asked what I did, and I told him.

I then said, you look vaguely familiar, sorry I do not recall your name or your job.

He was greatly amused by this, a genuinely lovely man.
Alex Ferguson.... yes, a rich bloke. I think he looks like a scruff and would probably still look a scruff with a million pound suit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top