Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Wow

TodayI saw my own Dr. I havent seen her in months ,thought shed left the practice, so was surprised to see her.A week ago I was taken to Hospital with shortage of breath, discharged the same day and told to go to my own GP,,A+E,OR 111 if symptoms got worse or did not improve. Things have not improved I cannot sleep at night for shortness of breath, so I rang my Drs surgery, they asked what my problem was,but said no appts. till tomorrow, then a bit later I had a call from the surgery to say if I went there a Dr would see me and it was my own named GP,and good news she said she will be dealing with my problems herself and will ring me tomorrow
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 05:58 PM

Re: Wow

Get in there while you still can, hoping for the best for you.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 06:01 PM

Had similar problems and the diagnosis always seems to be "unknown virus".
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 06:24 PM

I hope they find an answer to your breathing problems Deylon...don't give them any peace until they do!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 07:41 PM

Good luck with diagnosis and treatment, Deylon. I wish you well. X
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Poor Deylon - I hope your doctor deals well with your problems.

Did you tell her about the sciatica?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope they find an answer to your breathing problems Deylon...don't give them any peace until they do!

Yep. Same as Twink said.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 08:11 PM

I must be fairly lucky as I can see my own GP reasonably easily, about a week to 10 days notice

But my main point is this -

For weeks & months I've had unexplained breathing problems; antibiotics had no effect
By a process of trial & error my GP prescribed steroid tablets - Prednisolone - and a Ventolin inhaler. Then these were replaced by a Symbicort inhaler

Eventually I saw a consultant, and found out that I have Adult Onset Asthma
He said this is quite rare and many GPs would not have encountered it, or even heard of it; but it's still treated by the Symbicort and now am more or less back to normal. The exact cause isn't known, but it is often triggered by a viral infection, eg flu, and can occur in people with no history, or family history, of respiratory problems

Search Google for ADULT ONSET ASTHMA. This used to be called Old Age Asthma before the politically correct got hold of it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top