Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 10:39 PM

"Tomorrow's World"

If someone had told me when I was young that one day I'd be able to talk to someone thousands of miles away, watch a film, play Pet Rescue, whilst sitting on the loo, I'd have thought they were crazy!

Lots of inventions on the old TV programme "Tomorrow's World" never caught on.

What do you think is the most amazing invention in your lifetime?
(Anyone mentioning the B word gets a severe trouncing and a fierce poink!)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 10:46 PM

Re: "Tomorrow's World"

Sorry, what seems to be going is just variations on a theme, nowt much new.

It could just be me BTW.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 10:48 PM

Nothing interesting has been invented since you were born Spitty?
How about the wheel?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 10:53 PM

I used to love Tomorrow's world, my fave programme. Totally forgot about it until now. I remember when they were talking about CDs and how it seemed so far in the future, yet here we are beyond that.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 11:46 PM

I can still remember seeing Arthur C Clarke predict the future of the internet and computer technology. ..Amazing and so acurate..what a visionary

I still think the teabag is up there too. ..

On a personal level. ..hair straighteners?
:

I still worry about driverless cars..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 05:59 AM

Hi

I would love it to return, so many new things in the pipeline.

Robotics in particular and medical implants which monitor your health.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:22 AM

I don't think many inventions in my lifetime could beat the rocket that landed on the moon.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:42 AM

The iPad .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for us all to be dressed in silver boiler suits,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:14 AM

There have been so many amazing inventions just in my life time, it's impossible to choose just one. It's odd to think that just 25 years ago, hardly anyone had a mobile phone or a home computer.

Who remembers when you could order a CD with the music of your choice? I remember thinking how amazing that was.

Digital cameras. The early ones were rubbish but they have come a long way.

As Rhian says, driverless cars seem to be the future and even driverless lorries and that worries me too. I'm not sure why it is so important to achieve this.

I remember one episode of Tomorrow's World that showed a car made of tough plastic. The presenter was hitting the car with a hammer but the car was not damaged. That idea never took off because it would mean that cars lasted too long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top