Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Going back to Work.

Hi

My health is improving rapidly.

Still not good enough for Long Haul to see my son, at least for a while.

I have two job offers, one to go back to work here and another one to go to work in Poland.

I am torn, should I go back at all and if I do, which one?

I would like to go back to work here, but given the fact that circumstances have not changed and I feel it would be a waste of time, I am very tempted by Poland.

They do not mess about there and I am very, very tempted.

I would dearly love to work here, I really would, but the thought of our system makes me despair.

What is the point of getting the Illegals and then releasing them on Bail to disappear?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Re: Going back to Work.

What ever you decide I wish you well swim, having just returned on light duties myself I can't say how much happier it has made me, just the routine and seeing other people is fabulous. So you just need to decide which job is best for you, I'd say if you need continued care from NHS it might be best to stay here you don't want t get trapped not able to get back or have to take days off to travel back.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well for you. Regarding any health emergency I believe the Polish healthcare is good, at least so my doctor told me this morning whilst we were putting the world to rights. If all Polish doctors are like her then Poland is very lucky.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:37 PM

I'm with Julie on this Swimmy. It's not that long ago that you were very poorly. I know it must be like swimming against the tide here, whereas they do what has to be done in Poland and sod the consequences! but if you do need treatment or suchlike, better you are on the doorstep than in another country.

Perhaps when you are fully fighting fit after a return to work and becoming used to the routine once again, you can weigh up your options then.

Whichever path you choose, I wish you the very best of luck.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My health is improving rapidly.

Still not good enough for Long Haul to see my son, at least for a while.

I have two job offers, one to go back to work here and another one to go to work in Poland.

I am torn, should I go back at all and if I do, which one?

I would like to go back to work here, but given the fact that circumstances have not changed and I feel it would be a waste of time, I am very tempted by Poland.

They do not mess about there and I am very, very tempted.

I would dearly love to work here, I really would, but the thought of our system makes me despair.

What is the point of getting the Illegals and then releasing them on Bail to disappear?
But would you miss your Polish friends and the `Littlies` staying with you if you stopped here? If you have no real ties in Blighty and the pay and conditions are better in Poland, I'd be tempted to go there as this country is dying on its arse.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:04 PM

Hi

Yes, I would miss the Littlies, I really would, they have been away now since the start of the Holidays.

I can stack up my hours in Poland, three weeks on, a week back here.

My two kids are abroad already, so no ties here.

I would really like to work here, I was born here and I am quite Patriotic.

I do however feel that I am wasting my time here.

What on earth is the point of hunting down Illegals if we bail them to disappear again?

What on earth is the point of imprisoning rape gangs if they are released in 5 years into a 22 year sentence?

My house was attacked twice because of my work.

They lost, I won, the response was not good.

A completely different scenario to Poland, they would have been banged up for life, not released on bail to disappear to Pakistan.

I would willingly stay here if your Enforcement Officers had the backing of Government.

I genuinely wish it would change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:35 PM

I can understand that swim it must be soul destroying.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can understand that swim it must be soul destroying.
Hi

It is Julie.

I spent so much of my time defending Muslims who are no threat to us at all, yet got continually kicked in the teeth for being determined to deal with the small percentage who are.

They are two different groups entirely.

I am absolutely ruthless with those who pose a threat, the others, the vast majority, I leave well alone.

I do so wish our Politicians would see the difference.

Let your Enforcement Officers free for 6 Months and see the difference.

It would be huge and welcomed by my Muslim Friends and Ex Staff.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Swim, did you retire because of ill health, or were you retirement age?

Am I wrong in thinking you retired because you reached your retirement age?

I wondered, because even if/when you health improves, you won't get younger as well.
Think carefully.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Regarding any health emergency I believe the Polish healthcare is good, at least so my doctor told me this morning whilst we were putting the world to rights. If all Polish doctors are like her then Poland is very lucky.
Well she would say that wouldn't she

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top