Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Northamptonshire Balloon Festival

They hold this every year, and it is on this weekend.
It said on local news just now they are a bit concerned about the winds and rain for taking off though.

They were unable to have it last year due to poor weather, but these are some pictures of the balloons from the previous year, 2015.
There are some good novelty balloons shown in the link:

http://www.thenorthamptonballoonfest...ons-attending/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Re: Northamptonshire Balloon Festival

Lovely thing to have on your doorstep Mups. I love looking at them but I'd be terrified to go up in one. Have you been?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 07:08 PM

lucky you Mups ,Virgin came over my house the other week low enough for me to zoom in and get a shot .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060965.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	3737  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Lovely thing to have on your doorstep Mups. I love looking at them but I'd be terrified to go up in one. Have you been?

As you say, right on my doorstep Annie, but no, I have never been to see them take off.
They sometimes have between 10,000 to 20,000 people turn up.

They fly right over my house some years, if my back door is open the first thing I know is I hear the whoosh of the flames over their baskets.

On the news at teatime it said they were hoping to do one flight this evening, but were a bit worried about the strong wind there, at the time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
lucky you Mups ,Virgin came over my house the other week low enough for me to zoom in and get a shot .

That's a good picture, Eliza.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 08:34 PM

When I first moved down here I went one year to watch. Its really interesting to watch them being inflated and then to rise up into the sky.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 09:13 PM

I had a flight in a Vrgin balloon a few years ago. It was fabulous, apart from the landing. It was difficult for the pilot to find a suitable field, due to livestock and farmers who shouted at us to clear off. We eventually landed in a field of thistles and nettles, the basket tipped over and we crawled out and were stung severely. Having said that, it was a fabulous experience.

Last year I took a glider flight and that landing was uneventful.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:08 PM

We've got a gallon festival coming in September, there's going to be quite a few balloons, taking off from the knavesmire, should be good

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top