Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:21 AM

dealing with double glazing salesmen

When we bought a house some time ago on a new estate a double glazing salesman knocked on the door trying to sell double glazing.
We said "we didn't want it, no thanks"

Him " I am getting the same answer at every premises"

Us " have you looked at the windows on this estate"

him "No"

Us " well you should because every house is fitted with them by the builders"
needless to that spoilt his day

How to get rid of double glazing salesmen

Just say yes they can put it in on the understanding that if you didn't like it they would put the old window back as it was .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Re: dealing with double glazing salesmen

We have a 'no cold callers' notice on our door and fortunately we are rarely bothered by this sort of nuisance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
When we bought a house some time ago on a new estate a double glazing salesman knocked on the door trying to sell double glazing.
We said "we didn't want it, no thanks"

Him " I am getting the same answer at every premises"

Us " have you looked at the windows on this estate"

him "No"

Us " well you should because every house is fitted with them by the builders"
needless to that spoilt his day

How to get rid of double glazing salesmen

Just say yes they can put it in on the understanding that if you didn't like it they would put the old window back as it was .
I once had exactly the same thing RS. My windows had been fitted for less than a week when a salesman knocked and asked if I needed double glazing. I just stuck my head out, looked at my windows then shut the door.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 11:38 AM

For me, it is simple, I tell the truth that it is not my house, but rented. They beat a hasty retreat.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 12:05 PM

I never have given unwanted salesmen the time of day.

When I was 19 and first married, a salesman selling life insurance called at our bungalow, and although I said I wasn't interested as I was shutting the door, he jammed his foot in the door. He had to remove it as I continued pushing the door against it. I wonder if it still painful 48 years later?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 12:08 PM

I give them the councils telephone number and say that's the landlord. I do wonder how many have rung them over the years
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 03:57 PM

You given me a bostin business idea, I'm going to go, door to door, selling "No Cold Caller" stickers.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

18-08-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You given me a bostin business idea, I'm going to go, door to door, selling "No Cold Caller" stickers.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 09:40 PM

I always give the same answer. I gave it 3 times last week to 3 separate cold callers.

One was replacement soffits and fascias
One was cleaning and sealing the roof
And yes, one was selling DG.

The answer I always give:

If you do it for free, then go ahead. If you want money go forth.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top