Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:34 PM

Tipple?

My father in-law died last year and left behind in the lounge cabinet 8 large bottles of Bells Scotch Whisky. Not that he was a big drinker of the stuff it's what people had bought him on special occasions over the years. Mother never drank so my hubby got the lot and we don't drink it really but recently we said let's try some in a coffee and see if we like it? It tastes like Irish coffee i think? That's what i drank when i was younger in coffee houses..

The thing is every afternoon we both have a drink of it and it's nice just for something different, i'm sat here now with one

Does anyone else have the odd tipple in the afternoon or do you wait till the evening?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Re: Tipple?

Never have touched a drop during the daytime, if I had a Tipple on the afternoon, I'd be asleep by Teatime.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never have touched a drop during the daytime, if I had a Tipple on the afternoon, I'd be asleep by Teatime.
It's not a big tipple, my coffee just has a splash of Whisky
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Hi

I must admit that in the afternoon I do prefer Bailey's in my coffee rather than milk
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Sorry, I thought you meant a Double Tipple.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Sue darlin' very, very occasionally I have a tippple first thing in the morning (around 06.30 - 06.45) put a tot of Brandy in my coffee - but my doctors frown on it 'cos I'm not supposed to drink alcohol at all - it doesn't mix with the medication I have to take.

Since the whisky is going down smoothly, why not try enhancing it - add some (Crabbies Green Ginger if you can get it) Stones Ginger wine otherwise.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
My father in-law died last year and left behind in the lounge cabinet 8 large bottles of Bells Scotch Whisky. Not that he was a big drinker of the stuff it's what people had bought him on special occasions over the years. Mother never drank so my hubby got the lot and we don't drink it really but recently we said let's try some in a coffee and see if we like it? It tastes like Irish coffee i think? That's what i drank when i was younger in coffee houses..

The thing is every afternoon we both have a drink of it and it's nice just for something different, i'm sat here now with one

Does anyone else have the odd tipple in the afternoon or do you wait till the evening?
Apart from Christmas day, when I will have a glass of wine with my lunch, I only indulge in a very small drink in the evening on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:44 PM

I cook a meal at lunch time and have a glass of red wine with my meal ,it's lovely , then I flick on telly watch a film or read a book . I enjoy my main meal during the day and don't have anything else to eat .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Apart from Christmas day, when I will have a glass of wine with my lunch, I only indulge in a very small drink in the evening on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.

That wouldn't work for me Tara , I keep forgetting what day it is !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

13-03-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sue darlin' very, very occasionally I have a tippple first thing in the morning (around 06.30 - 06.45) put a tot of Brandy in my coffee - but my doctors frown on it 'cos I'm not supposed to drink alcohol at all - it doesn't mix with the medication I have to take.

Since the whisky is going down smoothly, why not try enhancing it - add some (Crabbies Green Ginger if you can get it) Stones Ginger wine otherwise.
Thanks for the tip, my hubby can't have ginger though he's on Warfarin but i might try it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top