Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Ticket Agencies

I booked three tickets for an event this June, last December, it cost the best part of £100.00 for the three, during the booking process, a message popped up saying the tickets can be dispatched anytime to within one week of the event. It never occurred to me at the time that, as well as the booking fee for each ticket, they were going to earn six months interest on my (and many others) cash, don't be sucked into this one, I won't again.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 05:05 PM

Re: Ticket Agencies

The thing is though if you try to book nearer the date the best seats are gone , or worse still they are booked up .
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 05:11 PM

I agree with Eliza here as most shows sell out really quickly or you are left with duff seats
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 06:50 PM

I understand the excuse for this is that it stops customers selling the tickets on at a profit by advertising on Ebay etc. That's what I was told once anyway.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 09:53 PM

It's an absolute racket.
I recently bought two tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO and despite the website saying the prices began at £38 each, every time I pressed a seat number, the same price of £83 came up.
It took me nearly two hours to find a pair of tickets at a slightly more reasonable price. And I was on the site at dead on 9 a.m. too.
The touts and other agencies benefit greatly from ripping off the public.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's an absolute racket.
I recently bought two tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO and despite the website saying the prices began at £38 each, every time I pressed a seat number, the same price of £83 came up.
It took me nearly two hours to find a pair of tickets at a slightly more reasonable price. And I was on the site at dead on 9 a.m. too.
The touts and other agencies benefit greatly from ripping off the public.
You lucky so and so seeing Jeff Lynn. I sometimes find it better to book direct with the venue as I find the ticket agencies expensive. Although you sometimes have to hang on the phone for over an hour.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top