Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Devon Time

The tradesman who didn't turn up last week, didn't turn up today either despite telling me he would. No phone call, no text, no email.

Oh well, I suppose I just have to add him to the long list of Devon tradesmen who never bothered returning my calls or who arrived four days late or didn't arrive at all.

These people are lucky they don't work in the South East - they wouldn't last five minutes.

Rant over.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 06:28 PM

Re: Devon Time

I think you are just very unlucky. I don't have a problem with Devon tradesmen.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 06:30 PM

Maybe your reputation has put them off?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Maybe your reputation has put them off?
Good one Purwell. Your satire is improving.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 09:44 PM

I blame Brexit!

Or too much cream and scones
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 11:23 PM

Folks have become Sloppy, over many decades, no excuse for it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Folks have become Sloppy, over many decades, no excuse for it.
Particularly as there are so many ways to communicate these days.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Particularly as there are so many ways to communicate these days.
But they ARE communicating with you - they're telling you (very politely) to go elsewhere!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
But they ARE communicating with you - they're telling you (very politely) to go elsewhere!!!
I suppose that's true but it just leaves you hanging. I had a heating engineer come round to give me a quote for moving a boiler. He didn't seem that keen on the job so I said 'look, I'm a plumber myself and understand that we don't like certain jobs so if you don't want to do it, just say, no hard feelings. I understand and will try elsewhere'. He assured me that he did want to do the job and would post a quote to me in a couple of days. that was a year ago, still not got it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 01:29 PM

My dear dongles, I couldn't agree more with you.
I too, have yet to meet a tradesmen who does what he said he will do.
They don't turn up when you've waited in, they don't phone when they've said they will, and they don't give quotes that you've been waiting for.

Sick to the death of workmen, and they haven't even started yet - probably never will because they'll never turn up to start.

I had one bloke a while back, a builder, and I paid for plans to be done and building regs etc. and managed to get everything ready for him 2 days before he was due to start work.
I phoned him to let him know all was ready to start and ask what time he would be here, only to find he wasn't coming and had no intention of starting either. I couldn't believe it. I could cheerfully have murdered him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top