Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:20 PM

I've registered with Battersea...

...Cats and Dogs Home!

Finally made the move and went there today, filled in the form, showed my ID, had a chat, and went and had a look at those on view.

Nothing available ATM to suit me, so I need to check on line, phone or email, as often as I want, giving my reference number, and they can tell me if a match is in.

Now. Do I already stock up on the accessories? Seems you only get 24 or 48 hours for them to hold it, and if approved I could bring it home the same day! But look at all the stuff I'll need first! I can't go and get it, put it indoors and say 'just off out to get your bed/food bowls/food/toys/treats etc. Be good now.'
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:31 PM

Re: I've registered with Battersea...

yes stock up , bed and food , not forgetting Collar and lead .
, they dont give you much notice ,
Hope you get what you are looking for soon , save newspapers now , theres always accident in the first few days /weeks , not the dogs fault mainly down to nerves , both my rescue dogs had the trots till they got over being somewhere new .
Good luck

might be wise not to buy to many tins of food in case dog dont like , mines a fussy eater and i have to change foods often ,
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:40 PM

Well done Jazzi and good luck
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:43 PM

Oooh you little rascal Jazzi.

Best of luck gal, hope you find your new companion soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:47 PM

Good luck Jazzie I hope you don't have to wait too long though it might be better for you in a few weeks time when the weather improves for going out.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:50 PM

I hope you find just what you are looking for Jazzi and I hope you don't have to wait too long.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:03 PM

That's good news Jazzi, hope you get one to suit your needs.
Yes stock up now, you can't go out at the last minute.

What sort of dogs did they have on offer?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:33 PM

I could stock up on non disposable stuff, but as for food...surely it'd be best to wait and find out what the dog prefers?

Just been online having a look at places like Wilko, Argos, and Amazon, to check what they sell.

Susie, they had lurchers, greyhounds, and a gorgeous JR (he's on the internet gallery), but he needs a garden.

Ooooh, I'm a saucy devil, aren't I??

Thanks for your comments. Knew I could rely on you lot for the positive encouragement! And I'll join Dogsey when I bring my new pet home.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

25-01-2017, 07:49 PM

Yes Meg, I agree about waiting for better weather, but I wonder whether I need to hit the ground running, as it were! It'll be cold next year, and onwards, but you may be right, to start off with. I dunno! It could take months anyway.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:22 PM

I Could you get to Dogs Trust at Harefield Jazzi ? Much nicer home & staff. I am surprised you say you can take the dog home same day from Battersea.My son & I went to Battersea last year ,we were told that we would have to have a home visit first -or have you had this ? We were not very impressed, they kept saying they were 'too busy to send anyone out, then they were fussy over what dog we could have , despite being experienced of owning previous large dogs. We were told I could only have a small , older dog because of my age , despite having my son living with me. My son then applied as a potential owner but though we saw /liked several dogs each time Battersea refused for various reasons,
In the end we went to Dogs Trust at Harefield, much nicer home & carers dogs all seemed better cared for, Are you able to get there Jazzi,I would recommend it.We love our boy to bits

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top