Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 10:40 AM

What a Palava!!! Arghhhhh!!!

Took Dinky dog out for his usual walk this morning and we went a bit further from where we normally walk this morning and its not an area used by other dogs but there are very many deer around ....well he stopped to sniff something and then he started rolling his face in it and then his body eeekkkkk!!!!
Deer poop!!!!!!.....little bugger!!!....he was eventually covered nicely by the time I managed to drag him away from it......guess who needed a bath when we got home?
So goes to put him in the bath on a towel and turns the shower on to shower him down,bugger me if the trip keeps going off so I couldnt use the dam shower on him..Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
PLAN B......quickly get a jug from the windowsill and fill it with warm water all the time trying to stop him jumping out the bath..flipping norah!!! after a few jugs of warm water on him he decides to shake!!!!shit splatters everywhere ...new look for the bathroom tiles

Eventually get him dried with a big hug from another towel and he still smells a bit iffy but better than he did lol

How do you get rid of that deer poopy aroma?

Hes now fast asleep looking quite pleased with himself!!!
Stinky Dinky living up to his name now
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Re: What a Palava!!! Arghhhhh!!!

Lol deer poop is another like fox poop that benefits from tomato sauce treatment. Our late Duncan was a deer poop man, and our late benny was a magnet for fox poop. Good job we love them all
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lol deer poop is another like fox poop that benefits from tomato sauce treatment. Our late Duncan was a deer poop man, and our late benny was a magnet for fox poop. Good job we love them all
Isnt it just Julie!!!lol......there is such a thing as "going off" something rapidly hahaha....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:04 PM

That gave me a laugh.

Our Border Collie did that, when she was young, with cow poo & that smells far worse that deer poo. Her lovely white ruff was green. I took the hose to her, no way was she going in the house like that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Oh deer!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Chloe's rolling poo of choice if Fox she is better at rolling these days but I have a baby bath hanging in the garage and a can of tomato juice in the cupboard just in case
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Chloe's rolling poo of choice if Fox she is better at rolling these days but I have a baby bath hanging in the garage and a can of tomato juice in the cupboard just in case
Can I ask what the tomato juice is for?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Can I ask what the tomato juice is for?
..LD the enzymes in the tomatoes reputedly neutralise the smell of the poo

It seems to work ok when I use this method (and Tree Shampoo which smells nice anyway ) .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-01-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..LD the enzymes in the tomatoes reputedly neutralise the smell of the poo

It seems to work ok when I use this method (and Tree Shampoo which smells nice anyway ) .
Thanks. I didn't know that and a handy tip as we plan to get a dog in the fyture.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh deer!
LOL I said a bit more than Oh deer LD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top