Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:17 PM

Stressful day.

Grrrrr my car broke down this morning as I was taking Taylor & Josh swimming.

There I was at the roadside with hazard lights flashing and 2 children in the back of the car! Luckily they made me top priority and were with me within an hour. I was in a right bad mood but had to stay calm for the kids.

I hate this car now - I won't be keeping it when the guarantee is up that's for sure. I felt like kicking it!!
It's only 18 months old for goodness sake - it should be reliable!

According to the RAC man who came to tow it away the clutch was burnt out due to bad driving!!! Is he saying I'm a bad driver?... Nah can't be.....

To top matters - I've lost my mobile phone. I think/hope it's in the car - now in Nissans repair shop - I hope nobody is trying to text/call me .... I'm totally fed up with today.

Feel better now I've had a grumble.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Re: Stressful day.

It is so worrying when you have little ones in the car my worse nightmare

Get an automatic next time Carol they don't have a clutch for which you are responsible.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Sorry you've had a bad day Carol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:48 PM

Oh dear Carol, not a good day, and it's been such a cold day to be stranded too. Can you phone the garage and ask them to look after your phone?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:55 PM

Looking on the bright side - we've been given a courtesy car!

I plan on driving to the Nissan repair shop tomorrow and searching inside my broken down car.

I can't last without my mobile phone for long.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 08:01 PM

Iīm glad you got rescued quickly, itīs a good job you werenīt out in the wilds somewhere. I hope you find your phone.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Grrrrr my car broke down this morning as I was taking Taylor & Josh swimming.

There I was at the roadside with hazard lights flashing and 2 children in the back of the car! Luckily they made me top priority and were with me within an hour. I was in a right bad mood but had to stay calm for the kids.

I hate this car now - I won't be keeping it when the guarantee is up that's for sure. I felt like kicking it!!
It's only 18 months old for goodness sake - it should be reliable!

According to the RAC man who came to tow it away the clutch was burnt out due to bad driving!!! Is he saying I'm a bad driver?... Nah can't be.....

To top matters - I've lost my mobile phone. I think/hope it's in the car - now in Nissans repair shop - I hope nobody is trying to text/call me .... I'm totally fed up with today.

Feel better now I've had a grumble.....
How would your breakdown man know that without actually stripping down the clutch I wonder
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 08:42 PM

So sorry carol. I think that is exactly what this forum needs a - Get it off your chest thread. Somewhere to post your daily annoyances.
Who would like to start it?

I hope you evening is a lovely one Carol.
Sweetie x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 09:12 PM

My daughter's car caught fire this morning with great grandson in it!
A scrap yard in the next town to me caught fire, huge plume of smoke seen for miles!
Freezing rain.
Tesco packed with folk stocking up for a siege, the cashier couldn't understand what's going on!
It's been a weird day.
Meg's right Carol automatics are very good, hope you get sorted out soon!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 09:35 PM

Glad you're sorted, Carol.

If I were you, though, I'd be sure to take your foot off the clutch pedal once you've changed gear!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top