Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Taking Care of Yourself

I got an email from a friend today telling of a really nasty way people are being stopped on lonely roads to be robbed, raped and left for dead.

They leave a pushchair or baby seat at the side of the road covered by a blanket. A lot of women will stop to see if there is an abandoned child. It is then they are pulled into the undergrowth and the bad stuff happens.

Sometimes they leave a pet cage by the road you know the kind of thing you take your pet to the vet in and of course people stop thinking there might be an animal abandoned there.

The police advised motorists not to stop but to phone them straight away, they said don't even stop.

The other thing they do is to throw eggs at your car your immediate reaction is to turn on the windscreen wipers and to give the windscreen a wash, this of course makes things worse as egg white and water make a milky substance and you cannot see out so you stop the car to clean the windscreen and again the bad stuff occurs.

I don't like to be a scare monger and usually ignore such stuff but I got to thinking and you know I would stop if I had not been warned so I thought I would share.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 02:41 PM

Re: Taking Care of Yourself

This sounds very similar to the email Aerolor received and posted about last week ......

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=3819

It turned out to be a hoax.

It's always wise to take extra care whilst driving though as the possibility is always there that something like this could really happen.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 03:36 PM

It did seem very plausible to me Cookiecat - both my sister and I were both taken in and my sister, who sent it to me, had also sent it all over the place.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 04:32 PM

It is not only good folk like us who received this idea, at the time I would never have thought of it. Some nasty folk have now been given the idea on how to stop motorists in their tracks.

Not so long ago we were on the beach with our dog and I saw a pushchair quite a long way up much further than we would normally go because of my arthritis. However, you could see that the pushchair, I am reliably told it is now called a stroller had something in it which was covered.

Well it got me to walk well past my comfort zone so when I saw this email I actually thought 'This is something that could happen'
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Well I never knew that about eggs!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Well I never knew that about eggs!
Get on your bike Azz, it will be safer!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 07:56 PM

Never heard of that! Makes you wonder though!

Thanks for sharing

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top