Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 04:48 PM

Mr Nice guy?

We all know I never had nor wanted children,nor a dog. And yet I love them both. Anyway this morning I was checking in at the surgery when a toddler came up to me and put her arms around my legs-`hello sweetheart` and a big smile. He mother smiles and calls her back,she turned and then turned again putting her arms out. So I picked her up and went to sit by her mother. She sat on my lap as good as gold and smiled ----`you really should not talk to strange men` And then she went to have an injection and came out still smiling. It did not make me regret my decision not to have children but it made my day. Oh and my test?? INR well in the good range so no need for another warfarin check for 4 weeks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 05:03 PM

Re: Mr Nice guy?

A lovely experience Stephan and you were able to hand the little one back as grandparents do.

I had three littlies to look after this morning, they were as good as gold but I was still happy to come home to peace
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:17 PM

OFFS-on another site I am taking flack for picking up a toddler. I posted it there because it was a lovely moment-you folks know I am a nice guy. I`m so angry-what do they know of me? I hope other on the site will support me against some very nasty comments. A nice moment ruined by idiots.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:25 PM

Don't let the twerps ruin that special moment OG. For a start if there were any concerns on that score, I'm sure the mother would have taken her away. She was obviously quite happy for you to have the lass on your lap.
Lovely moment to treasure
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
OFFS-on another site I am taking flack for picking up a toddler. I posted it there because it was a lovely moment-you folks know I am a nice guy. I`m so angry-what do they know of me? I hope other on the site will support me against some very nasty comments. A nice moment ruined by idiots.
Don't worry about the others mate - every site has it's miserable tossers.....

Glad you had a good experience.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Typical of an attitude in the country that paints all men as potential child molesters and one that teaches children to be actually frightened of men.

It's a natural instinct to talk to or even pick up a child if he or she is hurt and make sure that they're okay but sad to say, I wouldn't go anywhere near one in such a situation for fear of being branded a pervert.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
.... It's a natural instinct to talk to or even pick up a child if he or she is hurt and make sure that they're okay
but sad to say, I wouldn't go anywhere near one in such a situation for fear of being branded a pervert.
Likewise, Judd.
And how sad is that ? What have we lost ?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

15-07-2016, 05:47 PM

Post script to all this. I have just been back to the other site to find a great deal of support. I was even called a lovely ,kind man.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 05:54 PM

I remember when all this sort of stuff started, my husband (ex) said, it made him feel guilty when bathing his own daughters as he had done every night for years.

OG, That was a lovely feel-good story!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
We all know I never had nor wanted children,nor a dog. And yet I love them both. Anyway this morning I was checking in at the surgery when a toddler came up to me and put her arms around my legs-`hello sweetheart` and a big smile. He mother smiles and calls her back,she turned and then turned again putting her arms out. So I picked her up and went to sit by her mother. She sat on my lap as good as gold and smiled ----`you really should not talk to strange men` And then she went to have an injection and came out still smiling. It did not make me regret my decision not to have children but it made my day. Oh and my test?? INR well in the good range so no need for another warfarin check for 4 weeks
What a lovely experience OG, there is nothing quite like the feel of a tiny pair of arms around your neck. Even now whenever I smell Talc it reminds me of when my boys were babies and so loving and clingy. Sigh.

Well done for your INR result too. my last three were 2.0, 3.0 and now 2.3 so I don't have to go back until 20th July which was 4 weeks. We'll smile together ey?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top