Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:27 AM

What are the chances?

I have a friend who lives in Newport and loves cats so when I crossed over the border on my break I saw a small picture of three pussies.

Amanda would like that. Get home and send her a message. Next day my phone rings-it`s Amanda. Hi Steph I am seeing my dad this weekend,would love to see you for an hour.

Amanda`s dad and step mother live in the village I moved from(only about 3 miles) and she had not been back for well over a year.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Re: What are the chances?

There is a lady who l have known for many years but just to say, Hello to and pass a few words.
Last year, l read that her young daughter had died tragically in a car driven by a drunk driver. I wanted to contact her to say how sorry l was but l had no means of contact. I saw she was on Facebook but l felt l would be intruding to say anything on there, so l left it. Over the passing weeks I did keep thinking of them and regretted not contacting her.
A few days later, l passed where the girl was killed and l thought about how awful it must be for her mother and that when l got home l must contact her via Facebook. I did my shopping and when l got back, there was a Friendship request from this friend on Facebook. It had been sent at approximately around the time l had passed the place where the girl had died and l had been thinking of them.
It was so uncanny.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 11:45 AM

Life is full of coincidences

I posted on our sister site Dogsey about a house I once lived in a village in Lancashire in the 60's (over 100 miles from here) which I thought was no longer there .

Another member read my post and lived in the same village I posted a picture of the garden and she took a photograph and posted it .The pictures are taken 40 years apart..

My picture taken in 1965

The other taken in 2005

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 04:07 PM

Wow! Look how big the trees have grown. You can't see the house behind the wall.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Wow! Look how big the trees have grown. You can't see the house behind the wall.
The view is looking the other way Tiffany into the wood not towards the house
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 04:19 PM

When i was with my first wife and living in the Midlands we decided, on the spur of the moment, to go to Blackpool for the day on a sunny bank holiday. Whilst strolling along the front amongst literally thousands of other people, we came face to face with her parents who, living in County Durham, decided on the spur of the moment to go to Blackpool for the day....

Wierd or what...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The view is looking the other way Tiffany into the wood not towards the house
Oh! Dear! Silly me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top