Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:02 PM

I've Got Something To Tell You....

I've Got Something To Tell You.....Don't those words fill you with dread as you wait with baited breath for what's to follow! Sometimes, it's something good and sometimes it's really bad!

My daughter said it to me lately.....followed by.. I've crashed the car! My other daughter also said it but luckily it was about a surprise promotion at work!

Can you recollect those words being said and what followed?
I'd love to hear!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Re: I've Got Something To Tell You....

My wife, about 8 years ago rang and said "Terry, I've got something to tell you"

Followed by

"I've made a big mistake..... "

"I think I've thrown your Grandad's precious medals away by mistake"

Phew. I thought she was gonna say she wanted to come back. Panic over
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:14 PM

My wife hates it when I start a telephone conversation with her with the words, "Now don't worry!" - It always presages some unpleasant news. The last time it happened was 18 months ago when, after dropping my daughter back to her flat after midnight, a drunk driver came straight out of a side road at full speed and T-Boned me, totally wrecking our car and then hitting another car as the drunk spun round in the road. Amazingly, I was completely unscathed, but my evening was complete when the Nigerian drunk driver told me, "I am so sorry, but my insurance is dead tonight!" - In other words, his insurance ran out at midnight and he was uninsured.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:21 PM

How about..., I'm pregnant .. ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
That would be a miracle wouldn't it ............
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Wow........congratulations.
Do you think it's wise this mountain climbing trip you've planned?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Wow........congratulations.
Do you think it's wise this mountain climbing trip you've planned?
A monk friend invited ne. Plus, he promised he teach me how to levitate. How can I refuse
eyes_of_a_painter
n

31-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That would be a miracle wouldn't it ............
Your cute. We should have lunch together..
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My wife hates it when I start a telephone conversation with her with the words, "Now don't worry!" - It always presages some unpleasant news. The last time it happened was 18 months ago when, after dropping my daughter back to her flat after midnight, a drunk driver came straight out of a side road at full speed and T-Boned me, totally wrecking our car and then hitting another car as the drunk spun round in the road. Amazingly, I was completely unscathed, but my evening was complete when the Nigerian drunk driver told me, "I am so sorry, but my insurance is dead tonight!" - In other words, his insurance ran out at midnight and he was uninsured.

The Police had him though, didn't they?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
The Police had him though, didn't they?
Yes they did, but they might as well not bothered. Despite having no insurance and failing a breath test, they ended up only charging him with "Driving without due care and attention" and gave him a fine. He could have killed people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top