Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:19 AM

Breaking News:-

In the early hours of this morning (well 7:30 Actually) a man in his mid sixties and believed to be a regular contributor to an Over 50's Forum was seen running along country roads under a cloudless sky dressed in just Shorts and Hoodie top. It is believed he completed the eight mile course in under 90 minutes before he arrived home and then ran amok with a loaded paintbrush splattering the hall walls with white paint. Paramedics attended the scene and revived his wife after she passed out; in a statement she said "I've been trying to get him to decorate the hall for five years, it was such a shock seeing him like this".
The man later gave a statement to the police saying, "I was only supposed to run six miles this morning, but after setting off at a slow pace and enjoying the sunshine I couldn't resist sticking on an extra two miles, which meant I arrived home in good shape, I don't know what came over me, I saw the loaded brush on the garage bench and just saw red....Er I mean white and the rest is just a blur"
After a caution, he was released without charge........

Off to clean me brush now.......
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:22 AM

Re: Breaking News:-

I don't know how you had the energy to paint your hall after running all that way, but good on you.
The police should have refered you to a shrink, head doctor.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:35 AM

I am going to Tibet next month to climb the Himalayas you are welcome to come, my brother. Surely an athletic dude such as yourself will not have a problem making it to the top
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:42 AM

How far it the run to Worcestershire Bob quite some distance so you should work up a good urge to paint and my kitchen needs decorating ...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Wow! Foxy, this is riveting news! I think you might get in the Guinness Book Of Records for.... ermmm... now let me think.... I'm thinking........ this will need a lot of thought. I'll come back to you!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
In the early hours of this morning (well 7:30 Actually) a man in his mid sixties and believed to be a regular contributor to an Over 50's Forum was seen running along country roads under a cloudless sky dressed in just Shorts and Hoodie top. It is believed he completed the eight mile course in under 90 minutes before he arrived home and then ran amok with a loaded paintbrush splattering the hall walls with white paint. Paramedics attended the scene and revived his wife after she passed out; in a statement she said "I've been trying to get him to decorate the hall for five years, it was such a shock seeing him like this".
The man later gave a statement to the police saying, "I was only supposed to run six miles this morning, but after setting off at a slow pace and enjoying the sunshine I couldn't resist sticking on an extra two miles, which meant I arrived home in good shape, I don't know what came over me, I saw the loaded brush on the garage bench and just saw red....Er I mean white and the rest is just a blur"

Running.....only to evade capture(police) or to get last orders

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I am going to Tibet next month to climb the Himalayas you are welcome to come, my brother. Surely an athletic dude such as yourself will not have a problem making it to the top
Climbing.....scaffold is my limit.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Well done OGF . If I ever get the urge to do what you've done this morning I'll go for a lie down until it passes
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

OGF, it would be an even longer run to my house but then I do have a lot of painting that needs doing...and I promise not to faint from shock
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:25 PM

I've got an even better run.........ferry from England, so you can have a rest, then run through France to Spain, there's a whole house and walls in need of painting outside. You could get a good sun tan at the same time.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've got an even better run.........ferry from England, so you can have a rest, then run through France to Spain, there's a whole house and walls in need of painting outside. You could get a good sun tan at the same time.
We're not cheap but we are cheerful.....may even be tempted to travel(by van, no running)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top