Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Hurrah

I'm so chuffed. We've caught the mouse that had been avoiding us for weeks and weeks.
There he was this morning in the humane trap. Glad we caught him alive - he deserved to live because he's a clever little mouse to avoid capture for so long.

We're going to take him a car ride now and release him in the wilds...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Re: Hurrah

PS. I hope he's left no relatives behind!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Congratulations Carol. . Hope he doesnt find his way back home!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:37 PM

I am phobic where rats and mice are concerned, the only good one is a dead one! Having said that I know it makes no sense whatsoever, but I am quite happy to own a gerbil, which we use as a paper shredder and very useful it is too!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:38 PM

You'll soon find out Carol!

We had one in our first digs at Uni. He got so cheeky that he'd come out before we'd even left the kitchen sometimes! In the end we blocked the hole, figuring that if he'd survived before we got there he's bound to again.
One morning we found he had dragged an old slice of toast (not guilty!) to the entrance of his home and had constructed a kind of edible porch! I kid you not!!
They are clever!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Carol, Well done !

I well remember seeing a field mouse run in through my back door and behind the cooker. Now I am terrified of mice so locked myself in the front room until he who must obey returned after about an hour !

We could hear him but not see him, he had lodged himself up into the back of the cooker so hubby made a run of boxes from the cooker to the back door so that when he started to run it wouldn't be anywhere except straight outside. Well that was the plan anyway! Hubby started banging the back of the cooker and sure enough, the little blighter ran out, along the run of boxes...........until it reached the boxes where I happened to be standing watching when it decided to suddenly jump and land on my foot!!!!! honestly, I screamed like a banshee! luckily it continued to run on in the same direction and ran outside. Phew! I was shaking like a leaf.

So again, well done.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

20-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Oh SS I'm laughing out loud as I picture the scene.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Congratulations Carol. . Hope he doesnt find his way back home!

Confiscate his compass, Carol - just in case.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:34 AM

Take him many miles away. trust he WILL find his way back otherwise. A local country park is a good place, away from other homes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top