Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 07:17 PM

The Great British Benefits Handout: Viewers Urge RSPCA To Intervene

I haven't seen the following programme but having just read the following article I'm amazed. Is the TV company paying this money up front? Are these families still getting their benefits on top of this money? What happens when this money runs out well before the year is out?

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/...t-viewers-urge
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:11 PM

Re: The Great British Benefits Handout: Viewers Urge RSPCA To Intervene

If people are on benefits they must not be used to feed pets, that is crazy! If you can't afford to feed them yourself, without state hand outs, you shouldn't own them!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:06 PM

If a disabled person would rather feed a pet, that gives them companionship and makes their lives a little better, than feed themselves that's up to them!
I don't agree with anybody keeping exotic pets at all,whether on benefits or not.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:07 PM

I agree TessA
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:11 PM

Be wanting to take away guide dogs next! Tsk!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:21 PM

I freely admit I would feed my pet before myself, but if I had no pet to start with I wouldn't rush out to buy one if I couldn't afford it. According to the article above, this family on benefits have been given 26,000 pounds to last them a year and the first thing they do is to spend a big part of it on exotic pets that they have no idea how to care for. In my personal opinion that is very wrong indeed and those poor animals should be removed from them immediately.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:23 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted .
Likewise irresponsible idiots .
I don't think exotic animals should be allowed to be sold as pets at all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-02-2016, 02:28 PM

It's a daft experiment! Obviously the families were picked for entertainment value and another reason to denigrate people on benefits. I hope some of them manage to change their lives. If you don't have experience of handling money it's difficult.
The temptation to buy what you have never been able to afford must be huge!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's a daft experiment! Obviously the families were picked for entertainment value and another reason to denigrate people on benefits. I hope some of them manage to change their lives. If you don't have experience of handling money it's difficult.
The temptation to buy what you have never been able to afford must be huge!
This exactly sums the whole program up for me TessA ....its tacky telly at its worst...I wont be watching.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-02-2016, 02:33 PM

I won't be watching either, but I do think whichever TV company is making this rubbish should put some rules in place when it comes to the welfare of innocent animals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top