Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:03 PM

Is there a serial killer at work on the waterways of Manchester?

This seems to be a rumour/suspicion sweeping through Manchester.

85 deaths in 7 years does seem rather high.

There does seem to be an increase in canal deaths.

Scarey thought.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/29/manche...found-5651085/
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:06 PM

Re: Is there a serial killer at work on the waterways of Manchester?

The thought of "serial" killers always sends a shiver through me....thats really scarey if it is the case..and 85 deaths in how many yrs does seem a little OTT to be natural...Hope they can solve this case sooner rather than later.,for all concerned.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:16 AM

That does sound a very high rate, Tpin.
The Police are robustly denying the claims.
I can't imagine that the police would keep a suspected serial killer secret if they thought there was any likelihood of it. Keeping it quiet would drastically reduce the chance of catching anyone.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....p-deny-9924534
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:19 AM

Deniability and the police seem to go hand in hand these days.

What I don't understand is the lack of reporting over the years, I was astonished at the numbers as id only read or heard of a small few.

It would appear quite a few have been gay people after a night out in the "Gay Village" area, possibly a motive to some twisted person?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:27 AM

something to keep an eye on and stay away from??
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Deniability and the police seem to go hand in hand these days.

What I don't understand is the lack of reporting over the years, I was astonished at the numbers as id only read or heard of a small few.

It would appear quite a few have been gay people after a night out in the "Gay Village" area, possibly a motive to some twisted person?
Yes, you would expect deaths of this kind to be reported in the local news when they occurred, even if they are considered to be accidental.
When students drown in the river in York or Durham, after falling in on their way home from a night out, it's well reported in the local news and accompanied by comment about improving safety measures / barriers along stretches of the river.
Looking at the concentration of deaths around certain parts of the Canal in Manchester, you would expect that sort of reporting in those cases too.
These 85 deaths weren't all "unexplained" though, were they? - not sure what the proportion of "unexplained deaths" were.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 12:58 AM

I think there's about 24 unexplained.

For Those that are explained I cannot see what the differences could between those that are unexplained.

Someone falls in, drowns, that's it.
How would they determine if the deceased was pushed or stopped from getting out?
I just don't know.
Boot
England

31-01-2016, 01:14 AM

Ooh, I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.
I live half of my life travelling on the canal network but never ventured into the Manchester area - will steer clear of it now!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Ooh, I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.
I live half of my life travelling on the canal network but never ventured into the Manchester area - will steer clear of it now!
That I would agree with, as well as it being rubbish
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:25 AM

Hi

Conspiracy theories are great things, keep people occupied and sell papers and books.

There are often logical explanations for things.

There may be a serial killer, but on the other hand, there are parallels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11526114

Given the relative populations of Manchester and Shrewsbury, the figures are not that different.

If you fancy doing some investigating yourself Tpin, you could combine it with some fishing, there are some very big carp here

http://www.prebait.com/coarse_fishin...CANAL_(KELLOGS)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top