Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:55 AM

Blind by Faith

Sometimes in life we want to believe in something or someone so much that despite the reality that it can't be true we hang in there.There are many examples of this blind by faith. One example most noted are those that spend a lifetime looking for treasure and never end up finding anything. Which is an illusion or blindness on receiving something for nothing. Here is an example..

One bright Sunday morning many town residents were listening to the radio when the reporter comes on to say that by his side was a man who had found a hidden treasure in the nearby mountains. According to this man, he was contracted by a mineral company to explore the nearby mountains mineral content. While exploring he came upon a mysterious opening in the mountain wall. As he ventured into the passage way it was very long and ended in a large chamber. In this chamber were two large mummies ornamated in gold. Around the cave were very ancient tablets of gold and silver pertaining maybe to somesort of ancient civilization.

The explorer went home and told no one of his discovery for a time. Until now where he was hoping to raise enough money and the man power to extract the treasure. On the radio the mysterious man announced that he would like to form a group of investors and scientist so as not only extract the ancient findings but to document it. He announced that a meeting was to take place at the town hall. That night the place was full to capacity where the mysterious man elaborated on all the gold and riches that were in the cave.

After about a month of preparation many investors poured their money and soul to this exciting adventure of what would soon be a great discovery for all. All was in the ready and the team was to meetup early morning at a point of encounter where they would begin their trek. In the group were reporters, scientists to document the findings and of course, the investors. Time rolled in and went by and the mysterious man never did show leaving the team perplexed. Rumors within the town were that he had con them out of their money escaping with the loot. The team on the other hand were so fixated on the man's story that to this day many still believe it was true and that the fate of the mysterious man lied in the hands of the government who secretly kidnapped him so these great riches would not make it to the outside world. The team with the little information they had took to the mountains with the hope of finding the cave with nothing more to go on but their blind faith
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Re: Blind by Faith

Why use the word Faith. It sounds more like Greed that kept them searching !
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Of course greed is there, but there is an undeniable faith or belief in something that is pushing that greed
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Of course greed is there, but there is an undeniable faith or belief in something that is pushing that greed

Curiosity..or the desire to say I found it first
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-01-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Curiosity..or the desire to say I found it first
..... and you know what they say about curiosity. It killed the cat !
solo
UK

28-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
..... and you know what they say about curiosity. It killed the cat !
They also say Satisfaction brought it back..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:21 AM

Well, first place I would look is Ebay just in case the bugger was flogging off the valuables on there. Track him down.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-01-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, first place I would look is Ebay just in case the bugger was flogging off the valuables on there. Track him down.
There is another case of a con man who in the South of France sold a box to a Count. The box was suppose to duplicate money. The con man would place a piece of moneylike paper on one side and on the other side the money would comee out. Of course, what came out of the box was real money the con man had placed prior to the presentation..

The con man did escape, but when the police arrived, they looked at the box and accidentally dropped and broke it. The count was so blind in his faith on the machine that he got very upset with the cops for having broken it
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Well first off it belongs to the Mineral Company that hired the EXPLORER,or Geologist,Mineral Companies,depending on what they are looking for either Use Seismic Surveyors or Geologists to see what is under the ground,Oil COMP.use seismic survey crews to record readings to look for oil and gas.See you have to be able to read what your standing on,the terrain,where you live in Florida the water level is about 5 ft below the surface,some places thicker but 5 ft is about average,now if your like me,I read the terrain,that is why I go west every year well almost,I am looking for something special,something very special.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-01-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
Well first off it belongs to the Mineral Company that hired the EXPLORER,or Geologist,Mineral Companies,depending on what they are looking for either Use Seismic Surveyors or Geologists to see what is under the ground,Oil COMP.use seismic survey crews to record readings to look for oil and gas.See you have to be able to read what your standing on,the terrain,where you live in Florida the water level is about 5 ft below the surface,some places thicker but 5 ft is about average,now if your like me,I read the terrain,that is why I go west every year well almost,I am looking for something special,something very special.
You are correct here in Florida water is right below the surface of the ground. The danger in that is, if the water level decreases, it creates a hole and then, whatever is on the surfaces collapses. In northern Florida we suffer from these Sink Holds a lot. Where houses have sunk under their own foundation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top